Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Springfield, Ohio: Fairfield Inn & Suites

November 2021, weekday, 1-night, king guestroom 220


Check-in and gold perks

I had checked in on the app, and my room was ready when I arrived, even though it was before check-in time. I was surprised and impressed when I received a snack bag with bottled water and two snacks from this hotel. My status with Marriott is only gold, whereas, I have diamond status with Hilton. I always have great experiences with Marriott properties in regards to recognition and upgrades; however, it is more difficult to reach higher status levels with Marriott.

View from guestroom 220 in Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, Ohio


Guestroom 220

This is a basic king guestroom near the end of the hall. It looked just like the king guestroom photos on the Marriott website. It was comfortable, although it did not smell very fresh. The perfume scent was rather strong, as if trying to mask a different odor.

Guestroom 220 in Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, Ohio

The room was well soundproofed, and the bed was comfortable. 

Guestroom 220 in Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, Ohio

In addition to the king size bed, the room contained: a small flatscreen TV, work desk and chair, soft chair, suitcase bench and drawers, microwave, coffeemaker with supplies, and a small fridge.

Guestroom 220 in Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, Ohio

The vanity counter in the bathroom was long, and the towels were good quality. Bath amenities were provided. 


The only problem with the guestroom were all the lady bugs in the window. I killed 10 - 20 of them. I was surprised by this, as the window was fixed, and did not open. I assume they had gotten in through the heating unit, possibly.


Fitness center in Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, Ohio

Fitness center

The fitness center was open 24-hours. There were two treadmills with cardio theater; however, of the roughly 100 channels, only two or three had reception. I tried the opposite treadmill the second day, and even less channels came in.


Misc. and overall

This hotel is easy to access from US-68. I did not hear any traffic noise during my stay. There are several restaurants within walking distance: Red Lobster, Bob Evans, Applebees, and more.


If you prefer to stay downtown, I stayed in the Marriott Courtyard last time I visited this area.


Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment