Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Englewood, Ohio: Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton Airport

November 2021, weekday, 1-night, king guestroom 402

Check-in and diamond perks

I checked in on the app, and chose room 402. I received two bottles of water when I arrived. I am glad Hilton is making the change to upgrade elite members before check-in, if available. I often wonder if it is better to choose my room on the app, or wait until I get to the hotel. This time, my choice of the end room may not have been the best choice.


Guestroom 402 in Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton airport 


King guestroom 402

Although this is an end top floor room, which is my preference, there were a couple of things that made it not my favorite choice. This guestroom has a connecting room door with room 404. This is visible in the guestroom diagram on back of the door. I am not sure if it is not designated as such on the app, or if I missed it when I chose my room. Also, this room is close to the expressway. Traffic noise does not usually bother me; however, it did this time. Fortunately, I was able to turn just the fan on in the guestroom without the heat or A/C to muffle the noise. I also needed the fan on because the air in the guestroom smelled musty and stale.

Guestroom diagram in room 402 in Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton airport 

The bed was comfortable and clean. The guestroom contained the usual items: flatscreen TV on an armoire, suitcase bench, work desk and chair, and single serve coffeemaker with supplies. I think it also had a microwave and small fridge; however, I did not take photos, so I am not certain.


Guestroom 402 in Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton airport 


The bathroom and walk-in shower were a good size. Other than the tile on the bathroom floor, this guestroom felt old, and in need of an upgrade.


Salmon Ceasar salad at TJ Chumps in Huber Heights, Ohio

Food & beverage, airport shuttle, misc., and overall

I ate at TJ Chumps before I arrived, which is about 10 miles from this hotel. The food and service were both excellent. TJ Chumps is located next to a Tru by Hilton; however, that hotel did not offer shuttle service. I did not have breakfast at the Hampton Inn, because my morning flight was before it was set up. In fact, the breakfast employee was just arriving to prepare things, as I boarded the shuttle bus for the airport. 


I had set up an appointment to be picked up at the airport when I returned my rental car before arriving. I arrived earlier than expected, so I called the hotel to ask if the driver had any earlier runs. I did not have a problem working in the airport while I waited; I just wanted to know what to expect. The employee said she would check and call me back. Apparently, there was not anyone available before my appointment, so they hired me a Lyft ride--nice! The shuttle driver was busy the next morning. He had a run before mine, and I was not the only passenger when it was my turn. The ride to the airport was about 10 minutes.


There are not really any restaurants nearby, if you are staying here without a vehicle. There are a couple less than a mile away; however, the route does not have sidewalks for much of the way. I stayed in this hotel in 2017, and if I had read that blog post more closely before this visit, I would not have chosen this hotel. I had a much better experience with the employees I interacted with this time, although the building is still old. The rooms have the same carpet and furnishings that were in them in 2017.


Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment