Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

West Michigan Distillery and Winery Visits

September and October 2018

A shout-out for a couple of new locations we visited this fall!

18th Amendment Spirits Co.
Picture above fireplace

18th Amendment Spirits Co. in Muskegon, Michigan

This was our first visit to the craft distillery that opened in downtown Muskegon, Michigan in 2017. We only had beverages this visit. We self-seated at a tall bar table, and each tried something from the menu. The beverages were flavorful and good quality. I hope to visit again soon for dinner, because the photos they post on Facebook look amazing! 

18th Amendment Spirits Co.
Outside patio seating is available, along with a few cozy seats by the fireplace near the entrance. When I used the restroom, I was puzzled by the picture choices with no written designation for Men or Women. One picture was a martini glass and one looked like a bourbon bottle. Fortunately, there were women in the bathroom I chose! 😀

We also visited my favorite Muskegon brewery, Pigeon Hill Brewing, and tried their seasonal Oatmeal Pumpkin Pie. I had not planned to try it, as pumpkin brews do not appeal to me. Someone at the bar suggested it when we sat down, so I tried a taste and then had a glass. It was very good!

Entrance to St. Julian Tasting Room in Rockford, MI

St. Julian Tasting Room in Rockford, Michigan

I have been quite excited about the opening of Flo's Wood Fired Pizza and St. Julian Winery in Rockford, Michigan. We attended the grand opening celebration at the end of September, which was fabulous. The tasting room offered free tastes, and discounts on purchases. I did not know St. Julian is also a distillery before this visit. I did not try any spirits, although my husband and a friend did. I like the red blend wine I tried, although I do not like the name of it--Cock of the Walk. I do not understand the meaning, or how someone came up with that name. The name did not prevent me from making a purchase, though. 

I did not observe any specials going on at Flo's while we were there. Outside patio seating is available at the winery and the pizzeria. We look forward to visiting again soon!

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment