Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Columbus, Ohio / Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

September 2018, Weeday, 1-night, King guestroom 319


Gold perks and check-in

Check-in went smoothly. The agent asked my preference for room location (yes, I had entered my requests online when I made the reservation). I told her I usually prefer a top floor corner room in a quiet area. I did not receive any extras for having Gold status, other than the automatic 250 bonus points.

Guestroom 319

This guestroom is located fairly close to the elevator on the third floor of this 4-floor hotel. If you enlarge the floor diagram farther down in this post, you can see the exact room location. During check-in, the agent had used positive words to tell me she had the perfect room for me, so I was surprised to see my room so close to the elevator. Fortunately, hallway noise was not a problem.

Bathroom in guestroom 319
This guestroom has a long entrance hall with a large bathroom off the hall. The bathroom is tile, it has a large vanity, and nice large shower with glass doors. I loved the bathroom in this guestroom! Bath amenities, good quality towels, and a hair dryer were provided.

Guestroom 319; beverage station on right.
The beverage station outside the bathroom contained a coffeemaker with supplies, ice bucket, plastic cups, a microwave, and small fridge.

A king size bed and work area were located beyond that. The low armoire next to the desk served perfectly as a suitcase bench. The guestroom has a large window, which overlooks the outside seating area, and one of the airport runways. 

Guestroom diagram from back of guestroom door.
The guestroom was clean and comfortable. The hallway and airport noise was minimal; however, guests were noisy on the outside patio until after 10PM. I would choose this hotel again when in the area, and request a room that is not over the patio.

Food & Beverage

This hotel has a small lounge with a few food items available. I was happy with the chicken wings I ordered. They were fairly priced, and the flavor was good. Breakfast in the morning included beverages, cereals, breads, yogurt, fruits, fold-over eggs, and sausage biscuits and gravy.

Fitness Center

The fitness center was open 24 hours, and I did not have any difficulty getting a treadmill either time that I visited.

Shuttle and misc.

There are three hotels located in this same area next to the airport: Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, and Hilton Garden Inn. I chose Fairfield Inn because I was trying to earn more Marriott points for a future stay. When I checked in, the front desk agent said their airport shuttle would take me to nearby restaurants, as well. You can also walk to the airport, which is what I did. I walked back to the hotel after I returned my rental car, and I walked to the airport the next day. The Fairfield Inn is located next to the airport walking parking lot. If you use Google maps, be aware that their online photos of the sidewalk area taken in 2007 are inaccurate. The Hertz location shown off-site is also not correct. There is a sidewalk from all of the hotels to the airport. When arriving by car from outside of the airport, you can get to the hotels without having to drive through in front of the airport; however, my GPS did not show me that route. If you enlarge the screen shot below, you should be able to read the labels I added showing this turn where it says "Sawyer Rd." 

Labeled map of Columbus airport area

I did not have my phone charging cord when I arrived at Fairfield Inn, so I surmised I must have left it at my last hotel, Marriott Courtyard in Springfield, Ohio. When I called the hotel, they said they had not found it. Fairfield Inn did not have any cords for guests to use, although the bartender had one she let me use to charge my iPhone 6. I am so grateful for that! I printed my boarding passes before I left the hotel, just in case something out of the ordinary happened, and my phone died on the trip home.

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to share this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment