Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Valley, Alabama -- West Point area / Holiday Inn Express

Status perks
I did not receive an upgraded room at this hotel because I had reserved a suite when I made the reservation. I received a goody bag, which is visible in the first photo. I do not recall exactly what I received, although I would guess the bag contained a bottle of water and some type of snack.  

Guestroom
The suite was a nice large room, although the guestroom did not contain a table and chairs, like in the photos on the hotel website. I liked the suitcase bench; however, I thought it would have been better located in the bedroom rather than the kitchen area. I was somewhat  frustrated with housekeeping during my stay because I had left a tip, as I usually do, unless there is a reason not to, and coffee was not replenished on stayover. I had to request this from the front desk when I noticed it that evening. 

Misc.
I stayed at this hotel at the end of July, and did not complete my review after check-out, like I usually do. Because of that, I am not providing as much detail as usual, since I don't want to provide any incorrect information. I do recall that this hotel was easy to locate, and that staff members were friendly. I picked up take-out from Milano's Italian Grill, which was good, and an easy drive down the road. I believe the restaurant gave a 10% discount for showing my room key.

**Update
I tried to locate this hotel for map placement after writing this review, and it appears that this hotel is now a Red Roof Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment