Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- MKE airport hotel / Holiday Inn & Suites

August 2011, Weekday, 3-nights, Suite #314

Status perks
I received a $10 off breakfast coupon for each day of my stay, and a beverage coupon with a choice: a bottled water from the gift shop, or Buy One Get One in the bar.

Guestroom
I had reserved a "king leisure suite," and the front desk agent said I had been given a suite; however, the room I received was not what I expected. It was an oversized room with a small fridge and microwave. The room reminded me of the larger rooms at many HIX. The website description for the room I reserved says: A SECOND TV IS IN THE BEDROOM.  My room did not have a separate bedroom or two TVs. I did not need two TVs; however, the description led me to believe that I had reserved a room with a separate bedroom. I had also viewed pictures on the website of rooms with a separate bedroom, so that is what I expected. 

There was a large suitcase bench in the living area as well as a couch and coffee table. The bedroom area contained a soft chair, and a desk and desk chair.

The guestroom was not very soundproof; I could hear my neighbors during the stay. The bed was comfortable, with the exception of the pillows, and the window opened just a little. The hairdryer in the bathroom was a cheap model, which must have been ready to die, because it did not work very well. Sometimes it worked when I turned it on, and sometimes it did not turn on.

Misc.
Again, I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago in August, and am not providing a more detailed review because I do not recall the details about the food and beverage, or the fitness or business centers. It was easy to get to this property from the airport, and it was also easy to drive to the areas I needed to visit nearby. There were not many close restaurant choices. There was a fast food restaurant in the same parking lot as the Holiday Inn, and a fast food Gyro restaurant across the street, which was actually pretty good. I was happy with the location of this hotel; however, there is a Crowne Plaza a couple miles farther south. I chose this Holiday Inn instead because it was a bit closer to places I needed to visit, and it looked like a newer property. If I have need to visit the area again, I think I will look at some of the other choices more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment