Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Providence/Warwick, RI (PVD airport hotel) -- Hilton Garden Inn

April 2010


Status perks

I did not receive any special perks, although the front desk agent noted my status at check-in and there were two small bottles of water in my room. I observed housekeeping carts with cases of mini water bottles, and I did not receive a personalized letter with the water, so I think each room was receiving two bottles. When I have received standard sized water bottles as a Gold member, it has always been delivered with a personalized letter.

Guestroom

I received a top floor, king-bed room, at the end of the hall--exactly the room type I have in my profile and comment requests! The spacious room contained a chair and footstool, desk and chair, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave (all HGIs have a fridge and microwave), and three end tables. Wireless and cable Internet service was provided in the room for no charge, although the speed was pretty slow. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and I did not hear any hall or room noise. I observed a newspaper in front of every room in my hall when I left the next morning, so the quiet comfort did not have anything to do with the absence of guests.

Food & Beverage

Complimentary snacks were available in the lobby in the afternoon. There were cookies, cheeses, meats, crackers, grapes, and strawberries. Apples were available in bowls by the elevator on each floor. Complimentary apples and bananas were at the front desk the next morning. This hotel has a full service restaurant and bar in the same building called Iron Works Tavern. The prices, food selection, and service were excellent. I had the lettuce wedge salad. I was disappointed I was not aware of this restaurant before my arrival, and I had eaten a large lunch with the expectation that the food I would find after arriving at my airport hotel was going to be only the standard HGI fare. The restaurant information is listed on their website; however, since I had never stayed at a HGI with a restaurant other than the grill by the front desk, I did not look for this. Their website is http://www.theironworkstavern.com/

Business center

There were two computers, a printer, and a copy machine in the business center, along with HGIs "printer on" feature.

Fitness center

There were several cardio machines and a weight machine. Everything was in good working order.


Overall

I was impressed with my room, the service, and the on site amenities. I would definitely stay here again. When I called for the hotel shuttle, the employee arrived in less than 10 minutes. The hotel is less than a mile from the airport, and I thought about walking it; however, some of the way was not walker friendly. There was parking lot construction going on between the airport and the hotel, and the shuttle driver told me that there will also be a walkway built between the hotel and the airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment