Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Anaheim/Fullerton, California -- Holiday Inn & Suites

Status Perks
I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, I received a breakfast coupon for both mornings, and I received a scratch off card with various prizes--bonus points, free beverage, free snacks in the gift shop, free appetizer, etc. I won a free beverage.

Room

I received a wonderful corner room on the top floor! There was a couch, chair, coffee table, desk and chair, end table and flat screen TV in the living room. I loved the walk in shower with glass doors in the huge bathroom with wood floor. There was no tub in the bathroom, which is not something I use at hotels, so this did not bother me. The Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom was large enough for more than two people, and the exterior bedroom wall was windows the length of the wall. I loved that there was room in front of the closet to set up the ironing board, and that there was a plug inside the closet for the iron--this was great thinking! There was a single cup coffee brewer, microwave, fridge, and second flat screen TV in the bedroom. The bed was comfortable, and I did not hear any hall or room noise during my stay.

Food & Beverage

The food in the restaurant and lounge was good quality and flavorful. I liked that the hotel posted the lounge and dining room daily specials on the table at the elevator each morning, so I would know what was on special that evening before I decided what to have for lunch each day. There were not enough staff members working during breakfast hours my first morning. One employee was attending to all guests and could not keep up. I took one of the last clean tables when I arrived, and I observed guests after me looking for clean tables. A man seated near me left before his food arrived. I observed him as he looked around before this, retrieved a to-go cup for his coffee, and then departed. Shortly after this, the employee came out from the kitchen with his meal. I did not receive a menu or my water after the initial greet, and then when my meal arrived, it was not correct. The employee graciously offered to have it corrected, and I told her it was fine. Fortunately, it was close to what I had ordered and very good! I went to the restaurant a half hour earlier the second morning, and it was not as busy. I received exactly what I ordered, and the service was excellent.

Business Center
I had no trouble viewing and printing documents in the business center. I was happy with the machines provided, although I wish there had been a stapler in the business center.

Fitness Center

I was disappointed that the fitness center was only open from 6 am - 9 pm. On the first morning, my key did not work before 6am; however, it worked the second morning when I arrived a few minutes before 6:00. In fact, it looked like someone had already been in the fitness center because the TVs and a fan on one of the cardio machines were on. It is located in the outside pool area on the second floor, and the only way to get to it is by walking outside. Fortunately, it was not raining during my stay; however, it had rained heavily the day of my arrival. It was dark in the morning when I used the fitness center, and the first light was burned out, making the walk in the dark somewhat scary for me.

Staff/service/misc.

I was extremely happy with the attitude and helpfulness of all the employees at this hotel! I was especially impressed with the Housekeeping service. They even left my towels that I had left on the towel rack for me to re-use, and this almost never happens. Even though I often follow hotel instructions for participating in Green Programs, staff members usually still replace everything.

Overall

When I originally made my reservation at this hotel, I made it for three nights. Then I read several guest complaints about the paper thin walls. Since Hilton had made me an offer to regain my Gold status by staying with them nine nights before the end of June, I decided to stay at this hotel for only two nights, then move to a Hilton property closer to the airport. After I checked into this hotel, I was so happy with my room, I changed my reservation back to the three nights, and canceled the Hampton Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment