Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Auburn Hills, MI - Hilton Suites

Status perks
My status was Gold at the time of this stay, and I received two complete breakfast coupons at check-in. We also received automatic turndown service that evening, which was a nice surprise. Turndown service included a chocolate bar, and two standard size bottles of water.

Guestroom
We really liked the two-room suite. The living area included a couch, chair, footstool, coffee table, 42" flat screen TV, desk and chair, good sized fridge, microwave, and sink. 

There was a second 42" flat screen TV in the bedroom. The bedroom had two doors; one from the living room, and one from the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, and we did not hear any noise from other guests while in the bedroom. The neighbors across the hall were quite noisy during the day when we were seated in the living area; however, we did hear anything after we went to bed that evening. 


The large bathroom included a long vanity and tub/shower combination. The water was hot right out of the tap every time I turned it on. I never had to wait for it to warm up. 





Internet service was complimentary for all HHonors members, and the signal strength was excellent.

Food & Beverage
The service in the bar in the center of the atrium style lobby was excellent, although the beverage choices did not appeal to me. Brut champagne was not available, and the margarita was very sweet. 

Breakfast service the next morning was confusing. It was not clear where to enter the restaurant or whether we were supposed to seat ourselves. We stood by the podium a few minutes, before an employee told us to sit anywhere. We ordered from the menu and waited over 20 minutes for our food. The meal was served hot and was good quality; however, it was quite greasy. The potatoes had been cooked in a lot of butter, and the ham was fatty. Since we were not paying for our meal (other than the tip), and were not in a hurry, this did not present too much of a problem for us. If I'd had this experience on a morning when I was working, or I had been paying for the meal, I do not think I would have been too happy. There is a Burger King and McDonalds less than one mile from the hotel; however, I did not observe any other breakfast options.

Pool
The pool area looked clean and was well maintained except for the entrance door. My husband tried to use the hot tub in the morning, and the door would not open. The hours were not posted, so he returned to the guestroom thinking that it was not open yet. A short time later, I went down to use the fitness center, which is inside the pool area. The door was ajar, so I was able to enter with no trouble. The door had shut behind me, and when I finished, I was unable to open the door. After trying to exit several times, I called my husband on  my cell phone and asked him to call the front desk. I kept trying to open the door while I was talking with him, and it finally opened. There is a large outside balcony with a seating area next to the pool area.

Fitness center
The fitness center contained several cardio machines and weights. I did not see any posted hours for the fitness center.

Overall
I received an excellent AAA rate of $80 at this hotel. The sleep quality was good, and I was happy with the room and the staff. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I observed a hotel shuttle out front, and the hotel information online says that the hotel provides shuttle service within a five mile radius.

No comments:

Post a Comment