Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Bedford, Pennsylvania: Hampton Inn & Suites

 October 20201, weekdays, two-nights, king suite 415


Arrival, check-in, diamond perks

I arrived after 6PM, and the agent prepared my key after I arrived. She asked if I wanted housekeeping during stayover, and she provided the breakfast times. She recognized my status, and then walked to the back room for two bottles of water. I received a guestroom on the top floor for the room type I had booked. The diagram on back of the door shows all of the guestrooms as the same size except the end one; 420 on my floor.

View from guestroom 415 at Hampton Inn Bedford, PA


Guestroom 415

This guestroom was spacious and comfortable. It is on the side of the building facing the turnpike, so there is traffic noise at all hours of the day. The traffic noise did not bother me, although the guest in room 417 the second night of my stay did. This person turned on their TV so loud at 3:30AM that it woke me up. After trying to cover it up for an hour (room fan, rain app, etc.), I ended up getting up early. Working while listening to the neighbor's TV was not any more pleasant than tying to sleep with it. I had thought the guestrooms were soundproof before this. Apparently, there was no guest in that room my first night, or s/he was very quiet.

Guestroom 415 in Hampton Inn Bedford, PA

There is a coffeemaker with supplies, a sink, and microwave in the entrance area across from the bathroom. There were also two closets in this area that contained the usual items: hangers, iron and board, extra bedding, and folding luggage rack.



Bathroom in guestroom 415 at Hampton Inn Bedford, PA

The bathroom has a walk-in shower. It takes several minutes for the water to get hot. The vanity counter is a bit small; a ledge under the mirror above it provided additional space, which was nice. The toilet was loose, and the bottom base needed to be cleaned (visible in the photo above when enlarged).

Guestroom 415 in Hampton Inn Bedford, PA

The bed sheets were good quality, and the pillows were comfortable. The bed was a tad hard, but not too bad. 


Guestroom diagram in Hampton Inn Bedford, PA

The guestroom also included a sofa bed, nightstands, work desk and chair, flatscreen TV, small fridge, full length mirror, and a large counter top/suitcase bench. 


There were outlets next to the bed and on the desk. The Internet connection speed was slow at times, and it kicked me off after 24 hours, so I had to sign in again. I hate it when this happens while I am working because there is the possibility of losing data. I wish this hotel would have had recycle baskets in the rooms because a lot of recyclable items went in the trash (water bottles, paper plates and cups). I had told the front desk agent that I did want my room cleaned during stayover. Someone emptied the trash and changed towels while I was gone; however, I did not receive replacement coffee, and the floor had not been cleaned. Debris that had been on the carpet and bathroom floor when I arrived was still there.


Food & Beverage

Breakfast both mornings was served buffet style, as usual. Offerings included: cereals, oatmeal, Yoplait yogurt, white breads and muffins, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, fold-over omelets, and sausage.


Fitness center

There is only one treadmill in the fitness center, which was not a problem. The room was empty every time I visited. Cardio theater worked, although a few of the channels did not have reception. This was confusing at first, because if a station did not have reception, the previous channel played, and the screen showed that it had advanced to the next channel, even though it had not. For example, cartoons were playing on Nickelodeon, and when I advanced the channel to NBC, the screen showed NBC, yet the cartoons on Nickelodeon kept playing. This happened on other channels, as well. The temperature in the room was quite warm. I did not see a thermostat in the fitness center, although it felt like it was at least 75°F.


Misc. and overall

Other than fast food restaurants, there is only one restaurant nearby that is open on Mondays and Tuesdays: Hoss's. I had hoped to get food from Ed's Steakhouse when I returned from work on Tuesday; however, the restaurant is currently closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. The hours posted on the door had not been changed to reflect this, so possibly, they may return to opening at 11AM all days. 


Even numbered guestrooms are on the side of the hotel opposite the turnpike. Fairfield Inn is located in this same area next to Ed's Steakhouse. 


Let me know if you have any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment