Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2021

Lansing, Michigan: Crowne Plaza Lansing West

February 2021, weekday, 1 night, king corner guestroom #436


We have stayed in this hotel a few times before this stay, and I have previously posted hotel info in this blog. You can find my most recent post with more photos here. This is a brief post with just a few bits of additional information, since this was our first stay during COVID-19.


Reservation, arrival, platinum perks

I booked the IHG member rate with breakfast. I made our reservation over the telephone with the hotel directly, because when I looked online, deluxe rooms were available; however, there were no corner rooms for any night that I chose (we had been considering and searching several different dates). The agent was able to make us a reservation for a corner guestroom when I called. There are only a couple of corner guestrooms in this hotel, and portions of the hotel were shutdown to conserve energy due to the decreased business caused by the pandemic.


I received an email for mobile check-in the day before our arrival; however, I received an error message when I tried to complete mobile check-in. Checking in at the front desk when we arrived was friendly and efficient, so this did not present a problem for us. During check-in, we received a couple of chocolate hearts and a small package of Brach's candy, as our stay was an early Valentine's Day getaway. Hand sanitizer was available throughout the hotel, and plexiglass barriers were installed at the front desk. The platinum bonus points posted to my account immediately after check-in.


Guestroom 436

This one of our favorite guestrooms in this hotel. I did not take any photos of the room this stay, as the guestroom was mostly the same as last time we had stayed in it. You can follow this link to see photos from our stay in 2016. 


The bedding has been updated since those photos were taken, and there was a new flat iPhone charger next to the bed. The guestroom layout was the same.


Delicious Bloody Mary at Bordeaux restaurant 
inside Crowne Plaza Lansing West!

Food and beverage

We visited the dining room for dinner and breakfast, and we visited the bar for drinks in the evening. The service was impeccable, and everything we consumed was delicious. 

Steak Skillet at Bordeaux restaurant 
inside Crowne Plaza Lansing West

For breakfast, we had The Classic (my husband), Steak Skillet (mine; photo above), coffee, and Bloody Marys. Both food entrees were generous portions, and delicious. I had the Steak Skillet as written on the menu with scrambled eggs. Our server had asked if that was okay, and since I like scrambled eggs, I said yes. If you like poached eggs, I suggest trying it that way, as I am sure the egg over the top of the cheesy steak hash browns would be delicious. That is my plan, if this is still on the menu next time we are there!

Whitefish Dinner and Bordeaux Salad with grilled shrimp
at Bordeaux restaurant 
inside Crowne Plaza Lansing West

For dinner, my husband had Whitefish, and I had the Bordeaux Salad (half size) with grilled shrimp. Again, everything was amazing: fresh, good quality, and delicious. We visited the bar later, where we again had excellent service, and a good quality margarita. 


Misc. and overall

The pool area was not open during our stay. We love the pool area at this hotel, although we still had a great stay without it. The lobby has been beautifully remodeled since our last stay. I thought the decor had been nice before, and it looked even more impressive this visit. A couple of workstations and a computer with printer were located near the front desk. Coffee was available at the front desk in the morning, and fresh individually wrapped snacks were available in the evening (homemade cookies, and homemade chips). 


All in all, we had a fabulous stay, and feel it was an excellent value. We have always received excellent service at this property, and if you browse the reviews on the hotel website, that seems to be consistent for all guests. We felt perfectly safe visiting during the pandemic. All areas of the hotel were clean, and safety protocols were in place and being followed: hand sanitizer available, social distancing, masks, etc. It was sad to see so few guests and diners in this beautiful hotel. I sincerely hope things pick up again soon!


Let me know if you have any questions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment