Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Bolingbrook, Illinois: Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Bolingbrook

June 2019, Weeknight (Wednesday), 1-night, King studio #414


Platinum perks and check-in

I arrived before check-in time (around 2PM), and then waited in the lobby for about an hour for my room. This was not a problem, since I was able to work on my laptop, although it was surprising. Usually, after I have checked in on the Marriott app, I get a text early in the morning telling me my room is ready way before check-in time. Other than the standard Platinum bonus points, I did not receive any extra perks for my status. I received two candy bars, after I spun the wheel behind the check-in counter, and that is the space it landed on. All guests get to spin the wheel when checking in.

King suite 414 at Residence Inn Bolingbrook Chicago

Guestroom 414

I loved this guestroom. It was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The photos on the hotel website are a good representation of the actual guestroom.

King suite 414 at Residence Inn Bolingbrook Chicago

The desk area was large, and the view out the window faced northwest. The kitchen contained everything needed.


King suite 414 at Residence Inn Bolingbrook Chicago
The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of counter space between the bed and bathroom, and I loved the walk-in shower in the bathroom.

Food & beverage

Breakfast in the morning included typical food served at Residence Inn with hot and cold items. The evening social was nice, although the food was not ready at the posted start time. A few chips and cold vegetables were set out at the start (some dips and serving utensils were missing), and then the hot food was ready about 30 minutes later. We had some kind of Mexican taco-type foods, which were very good. There was a corn item in small individual size containers, and I do not recall the details of the taco items. I remember that it was good, although I did not get spinach with mine, as there was no serving utensil. One of the complimentary red wine brands was 14 Hands merlot, which is a brand I like. The wine was served in a plastic cup, and not glass glasses, like shown on their website.

Overall

This hotel is in a good location near I-55. It is about 30 minutes to an hour from Chicago, depending on traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment