Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Austin, Texas: Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport

July 2019, Weekdays, 2-nights, King guestroom #402


Check-in and Platinum perks

I checked in online before I arrived, and I received a notification via the app telling me when my room was ready. As a Platinum guest, I received a breakfast coupon for breakfast both mornings. I had requested late checkout, as I had an evening flight the day of departure. The agent did not confirm this at check-in, although a different staff member did accommodate this request when I inquired the following day.

Guestroom diagram from back of door

Guestroom 402

This guestroom is at the end of the hall on the 4th floor of this 5-floor hotel. I did not hear any overhead noise, although I did hear a lot of noise from hallway activity the first evening. The doors in this hotel are quite heavy, and the late night guests were not as thoughtful as the early morning guests about letting the doors close quietly. The windows are well soundproofed, and I was not bothered by any airport noise.

Guestroom 402 view from in front of closet
The bed was comfortable, and the desk work area was sufficient. A panel under the desk slid out for more room. There were electric outlets at the desk, and next to the bed.

Desk/entertainment area (refreshment center on right) for guestroom 402
The guestroom contained a coffeemaker with supplies, ice bucket, glass glasses, a small fridge, and a microwave. There was a charge for the bottled water visible in the photos.


Bathroom in guestroom 402
The bathroom contained a tub/shower combination, and a long vanity. Bath amenities were provided.

Food & Beverage

I did not have anything from the Bistro in the evenings. I used my breakfast coupon for the breakfast sandwich the second morning, and the farm stand bowl the first morning. I thought the breakfast sandwich was delicious, other than the brioche bun is not the type of bread I would have chosen. The farm stand bowl is probably not something I would order again. I like kale; however, this dish was mostly kale with only a small amount of tomatoes, potatoes, and cheese. 

There is a menu in the bistro, which explains exactly which items you can get with the breakfast coupon (2 cold sides, or 1 of certain hot items, and a beverage). I did not know this when I ordered the [not included] farm stand bowl from my guestroom as a to-go item. When I went to pick this up, the employee was kind enough to let me use the coupon, and I used it correctly the second morning. I wrote a tip on my receipt both times, and expected to have that on my hotel bill; however, this was not on my folio after my stay. I assume gratuity must be included with the coupons.

Fitness center

The fitness center was open 24-hours. It contained two treadmills, a couple of other cardio machines, and weights. The heat index during my stay was 100°F+, and the temperature in the fitness center was about 72°F. It felt a lot warmer during a workout! CardioTheater did not work on the treadmill I used.

Misc. and overall

This hotel was comfortable, clean, and well maintained. It is located very close to the airport, and shuttle service is available. 

Starbucks, and a Tex Mex restaurant, are located in the adjoining parking lot next to Hampton Inn, which is within walking distance of the Marriott Courtyard.

Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment