Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Plainfield, Indiana: Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Airport/Plainfield

April 2019, Weekday, 2-nights, King studio guestroom 318


Diamond perks and check-in

I did not check-in before my arrival because there were not any available room choices on the top floor away from the elevator (my preferred location, as it is usually quieter). When I arrived, I had been preassigned a guestroom on the second floor. The agent gladly changed my room assignment, after I inquired about a room in my preferred location. I received a small bag with bottled water, which I believe all HiltonHonors members received.

View from guestroom 318 at Homewood Suites IND airport

King studio 318

The view from this guestroom overlooks the outside patio and basketball hoops. The sunset was beautiful. The windows could be partially opened, which I like for the fresh air; however, it was quite filthy between the window and screen. I imagine the windows in this guestroom had not been opened for quite some time.



The furnishings consisted of the standard amenities in Homewood Suites guestrooms: kitchen area with full size fridge, coffeemaker with supplies, dishwasher with supplies, stovetop, small table with two chairs; living room sofa, coffee table, desk with chair, flatscreen TV; king bed with nightstands, and bathroom area.



The bedding was clean and good quality, although the mattress was a tad too hard for me. I did not hear any noise from outside this guestroom; even when I had the window open. The HVAC unit in the guestroom cycles periodically after it is turned off, so turning the unit off, did not eliminate the noise from it running. When I called to inquire if there is a way to turn it off entirely, an engineer came to the guestroom, and was happy to show me how to do this under the panel for my stay.


The Internet speed was not the fastest. I am not sure if it makes any difference which way you access it; I tried it with my name and room number and with the code in my check-in packet.

Evening reception at Homewood Suites Plainfield/IND airport

Food & Beverage

The food offerings in the evening were decent. Soup and fresh salad both nights, along with one hot item, and a dessert (cookies and brownies). Beer and Sutter Home wine were provided, along with non-alcoholic sodas. I do not recall the details of the breakfast foods.

Fitness center

The keypad on the fitness center door had some kind of mechanical issue and my key only worked about half the time. I had to try it several times before it would work, and I had to get someone from the front desk to open it with a master key one time. I did not have this problem with the guestroom or pool area. There was only one treadmill in the fitness center, which I was lucky enough to find available both times that I visited.

Misc. and overall

Staff members were extremely helpful and courteous. Everyone I spoke with made me feel like my business was valued. When I made this reservation, I did not realize the hotel has a shuttle, or I would have returned my rental car the day before, and taken the shuttle to the airport in the morning. This is listed on their website, so I do not know how I missed it.

If you are returning to this property from the north, it is easy to get to via Hartford Ave. from 267/Quaker Blvd., if you do not want to stay with traffic to the light at Perry Rd. There are two other Hilton properties near this Homewood Suites: Hampton Inn (next door) and Embassy Suites (across the street). The Embassy Suites had just opened before my stay, and the Hampton Inn had been recently remodeled. The outside of the Hampton Inn looked like the fabulous property I recently stayed in in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. In hindsight, I wished I had checked the remodel date for the Hampton Inn more closely before my stay. I knew that the Embassy Suites was new; however, the cost was also considerably more.


No comments:

Post a Comment