Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Wabash, Indiana: Holiday Inn Express

March 2019, weekday, one-night, king guestroom 305

Sunset from guestroom 305 at Holiday Inn Express Wabash

Platinum perks and check-in

I received a pre-arrival telephone call from the hotel on the morning of my arrival day. The entrance to this hotel is a tad tricky, and the representative who called left a message about where the hotel is located. I arrived before check-in time, expecting to work on my laptop in the lobby until my room was ready. My key packet had already been prepared, and my room was ready. The agent recognized my status, confirmed my welcome points, offered me a bottle of water, and cheerily let me check-in early.

King guestroom 305 at Holiday Inn Express Wabash

King guestroom 305

This guestroom is located on the top floor near the end of the hall; exactly my profile preference.  The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable.

The guestroom contained clothes hangers, a folding luggage rack, iron and ironing board, small fridge, microwave, K-cup coffeemaker with supplies, work desk and chair, flatscreen TV on a cabinet with drawers, full-length mirror, soft chair with footstool, and nightstands beside the king size bed.

King guestroom 305 at Holiday Inn Express Wabash
The bedding and pillows were good quality. The Internet connection speed was good.

Bathroom in Holiday Inn Express guestroom 305
The bathroom contained a long vanity, and shower/tub combination. Along with the usual bathroom amenities at Holiday Inn Express, this hotel also had a dispenser in the shower with J.R. Watkins bathing products. This is only the second hotel I have stayed in that had this in the shower, and the other hotel was not an IHG brand.

J.R Watkins products on wall in shower/tub
Although I did not hear any bothersome noise from the hallway or roadways, I noticed a gap around the guestroom door when I turned out the lights. It is possible noise may have been an issue if there had been noisy guests in the guestrooms near mine.

Food & Beverage

I do not recall the exact specifics of breakfast offerings. In addition to the standard waffle maker, cinnamon buns, and cereals, it seems like there were veggie omelets and turkey sausage the morning of my stay.

Fitness center

The fitness center room temperature was comfortable, and equipment was easily accessible.

Overall and misc.

I knew this hotel is located behind Kroger; however, the way to the hotel was still a bit confusing, because I did not see a designated road alongside Kroger. Basically, you just need to drive through the Kroger parking lot to get behind the building (along either side), and then the hotel drive is visible.

This was a comfortable stay, and I would choose this hotel again. Although I did not receive a room upgrade (the online suite photos look fabulous), I was happy with the spacious guestroom I received.

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment