Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Crowne Plaza Airport/Cruise

February 2019, Weekend, 1-night, King guestroom #1019*


Sunset from pool area at FLL Crowne Plaza air and cruise port
The last time we stayed in this hotel, in 2012, I received an upgrade to the Presidential Suite! Although that did not happen this time, our guestroom was still very nice and comfortable. 

Airport shuttle, arrival, platinum perks

Getting here from the airport was almost as chaotic as arriving at the Miami airport. When I called for the shuttle, the person answering the telephone barely took the time to say, "We are very busy, so it might be 35 minutes," before he hung up. He did not ask how many guests, what airline, if we had our luggage, or anything. The shuttle bus driver must have been in the airport when I called, because he drove by with several guests about 10 minutes later. He apparently did not plan on stopping though. My husband waved when he drove by, and then the driver kept inching forward, as we walked alongside the van. We thought he was driving forward as far as he could, and that he would then stop. Instead, he started to drive away when he got to the end. I ran up to knock on the passenger window when he started to leave. He rolled down the window, and told us we were supposed to wave. Before I had a chance to respond, he turned to the passengers, and said, "Did you see anyone wave?" I looked at him incredulously, thinking, "Wow, really?!" Instead, I merely told him that we had thought he was inching forward to stop behind the first vehicle. We ended up getting on the bus, although our arrival experience was not starting out very well.

The check-in process inside the hotel was quick, despite the fact that our room had not been pre-assigned. The agent asked our floor preference (this is in my profile and was in my reservation notes). I told her high floor, and we received a guestroom on floor 10. She thanked me for my status, and asked if I wanted bonus points or a beverage coupon. I chose bonus points, which posted to my account the same day.

Bathroom in king guestroom at Crowne Plaza FLL airport

Guestroom 1019*

*I did not receive a bill after our stay because I used points. I know our guestroom was on the 10th floor, although I am not 100% certain of the guestroom number. Our guestroom was in about the center of the hallway on floor 10 overlooking the pool. It was quiet , clean, and comfortable. The Internet connection speed was good.

Bathroom in king guestroom at Crowne Plaza FLL airport
We liked the walk-in shower, and the bath amenities were good quality. Although the bathroom was not very big, the shower was a good size. The glassed shower doors and stylish decor with large mirror gave the room a more spacious feel.


A beverage station and closet with mirrored doors were located across from the bathroom in the entry. The beverage area contained a small fridge, microwave, K-cup coffeemaker with supplies, ice bucket, ceramic mugs, and glass glasses.

King guestroom at Crowne Plaza FLL airport
The rounded seat with footstool in the bedroom area was big enough for two, and it was comfortable. The guestroom also contained a suitcase bench at the foot of the bed, flatscreen TV on an armoire, work desk with chair, and USB charging outlets.

Food & Beverage

We did not have anything to eat inside the hotel this trip. We did in 2012, and you can find that information in my previous post (link above). This time, we ate at 17th Street Grill at The Harbor Shops. The food was good, and the service was excellent.

Pool

This hotel has an outside pool and spacious outside sitting area on floor 5. There is no whirlpool tub. My husband swam in the pool, although I thought it was a tad chilly. The seats were comfortable.

Photo taken from pool area at Crowne Plaza FLL airport

Misc. and overall

If you happen to be staying here pre-cruise, and want to purchase wine to take on board, it is about a one-mile walk one-way to The Harbor Shops where Publix and Total Wine are located. There are restaurants in this area, as well.

Photo taken from end of hall on floor 10 at Crowne Plaza
Cruise ships in distance
This hotel offers shuttle service to the cruise port; however, Uber is less expensive, and is not a shared ride.

Overall, this was a great stay. Our only disappointment was the shuttle service when we arrived. The wait time was acceptable; however, the response when we called for a ride, and the greeting from the shuttle driver were both brusque/rude.

Let me know if you have any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment