Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Grand Rapids, Michigan / Breweries

April 2018


I am sharing some growler refill information, and Happy Hour menus I had not been able to find before our most recent visit to Grand Rapids. To see more details about the area and additional establishments, click on one of the labels at the bottom of this post.

Atwater Brewery in GR

Atwater Brewery in GR

Atwater has Happy Hour every day from 3PM - 6M! 😄 The Happy Hour menu above was on the table when we visited. Service was excellent, and the beer was even better (well...both were excellent). Atwater Brewery also carries Ice Box Brand ice cream bars. This is the second brewery I have been to that sells them. Beer and ice cream does not seem like a natural and complimentary combination, to me, although I have not tried it. The ice cream bars look delicious, and I am planning to try one on my next brewery visit. Since I will be visiting Muskegon before I get to Grand Rapids again, I think I will try one with a dark beer at Pigeon Hill in Muskegon.

The Knickerbocker Happy Hour menu

The Knickerbocker New Holland Brewing

One of my favorite dark beers is Dragon's Milk made by New Holland. I think Dragon's Milk Reserve flavors are amazing. My personal favorites are raspberry and cherry. If that is too sweet or fruity for you, try it mixed half-and-half with regular Dragon's Milk--delicious! Cherry was available during our visit; however, it was the only beer not included in Happy Hour pricing. Again, I am sharing the Happy Hour menu from our visit, as I could not find this information online. 

Decal and crowler from Perrin Brewing

Perrin Brewing Company, Comstock Park

This was our first experience purchasing a crowler, and we have not tried it yet. When we purchased it at Perrin Brewing, the bartender told us it would stay fresh for 30 days. *He also told us they only fill their own growlers. We have never heard anyone say that before, so we questioned him about this. He said the growler needs to have the warning statement on it (ours do), and something about a label and sealing. He said they had been fined, so they are not filling any growlers except their own. Perrin Brewing does not have any Happy Hour specials. They are listed in the Grand Rapids Brewsader, and we initially stopped there with the intention of having our growler filled. Atwater Brewery GRBOB's Brewery, and The Knickerbocker New Holland are in the Grand Rapids Brewsader, as well. 

We hoped refilling growlers was not something we were no longer going to be able to do, so we inquired when we visited The Bob a few days later. The person we spoke with told us they are still refilling growlers from other places. Bobarino's in The Bob has fantastic Happy Hour food specials. Information is listed in one of my previous posts.

Pearl Street Grill in the Holiday Inn

We were staying at the Holiday Inn, and visited the lounge during Happy Hour (available Monday through Friday from 4PM to 6PM). You can get $4 Michigan craft beers, $3 domestic bottles, $3.50 wells, and half off appetizers. The service was excellent, and I love their Beer City Pretzels. Information about the Holiday Inn and guestroom photos can be found in previous blog posts.

Let me know if you have any questions!

*Here is a link to the Michigan law for refilling growlers, which does not sound like there will be any trouble getting them filled. Seems like Perrin Brewing Company must not want to apply a sticker and seal the top... I do not, however, know any of the details about the fine the bartender referred to.


No comments:

Post a Comment