Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Fort Wayne, Indiana / Staybridge Suites

October 2017, Weekend-weekday, 2-nights, Queen studio suite #339


I am glad I started this blog, because it did help me choose a hotel this visit. I did not initially recall that I had stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites located in this same area, until after I had already made a reservation at the Homewood Suites. I re-read my review from that stay, and then decided to change my reservation to Staybridge Suites, which I had thought was a newer hotel. When I stayed at Homewood Suites, I did not care for the blasé Diamond recognition I received, and I do not like rooms that do not smell fresh.

Arrival and platinum perks

The agent recognized my status and offered further assistance. He did not say anything about Platinum bonus points; however, I received an email within two days telling me I had received bonus amenity points. He did not tell me what kind of room I had. I only asked if it was on the top floor, and he said yes. Although I did not receive an upgrade, my room requests were met. I received a room at the end of the hall in a quiet area, as I had requested online.

Suite 339 view from living area; bed on right

Queen guestroom #339

The guestroom looked and smelled clean. It was a basic queen studio suite with a full kitchen area, working desk, sofa, TV, queen bed, and bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The only thing missing from the kitchen area was a counter/bar or a table for dining. I ate at the desk, when I ate in the guestroom.


Popcorn was also provided with the kitchen amenities. Wolfgang puck coffee was provided, although there were no coffee condiments. I was able to get cream from the lodge/breakfast room on the lobby level. I turned the ice maker on in the freezer; however, it never made any ice. I did not realize the fridge was set so cold until the next day. The water I had put in a jug in the fridge was frozen, so I turned the temperature down.

Suite 339
It was quiet in the guestroom, which was perfect for working and sleeping. The desk was comfortable for working, although the chair was ripped. The Internet connection speed was terrible. Not only that, I was disconnected 24 hours later while I was in the process of editing online reports.

Desk chair

Suite 339
The sofa was comfortable. The bed was okay, although it was a tad hard for me.











I did not recognize the J. R. Watkins bathroom amenities that were provided. I thought the quality of the hair products and shower gel was acceptable. I did not like the lotion, or the rough textured bath towels. I felt like I could have scrubbed any residue off my skin by merely using a dry bath towel. 

Food & Beverage

Evening social is not provided on Sunday evening. The self-serve beverage station was open with non-alcoholic beverages, and I was able to get milk and water the first evening. Sodas and juices were also available.

October food menu in guestroom
Monday night social included salad, chili, chips, cookies, and beverages. Alcoholic beverages included three wine choices (white, rose, cabernet), and three beer choices (Blue Moon, Samuel Adams Oktoberfest, Bud Light). 

Breakfast both mornings included eggs, bacon, old fashioned oatmeal, cereals, waffle maker, and white breads. Small cans of V-8 juice were provided in addition to the basic juices in the self-serve machine. Biscuits and gravy were available one morning.

Fitness center

The fitness center was open 24 hours. Only one cardio machine had cardio theater, which did not work. Other than the cardio theater, both treadmills were in good working order, and there was a TV with remote in the fitness center.

Staybridge Suites guestroom diagram

Misc.

There are four hotels in this same area: Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Homewood Suites, and Hilton Garden Inn. There is easy access to I-69 from this hotel. If you arriving from I-69, you can get to the hotels by turning left at the second road (Farmswood Drive after Rural King). For some reason, my GPS always tells me to go to Liberty Mills Road. I had thought Staybridge Suites is a newer hotel, as I did not remember it from my last stay in the area. The agent said it is not new, so I must have just missed it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment