Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sacramento, California / Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento (SMF) Airport-Natomas

September 2016, Weekday, 1-night, King Studio #309

I stayed in this Homewood Suites in 2012, when it was brand new. The guestroom I had this stay was pretty much the same as the one I had last time.

Arrival and check-in

When I arrived, the front desk agent offered me bottled water. I received another bottle of water and Milano cookies in the guestroom.

View from living room window; HIX pool visible

Suite 309

Suite 309 was a comfortable, clean suite in the center of the hallway. The kitchen area near the entrance contained the standard Homewood Suites amenities: full size fridge, dishwasher, cooktop, microwave, coffeepot with supplies, and cupboards stocked with dishes. There were two chairs at a small table where the Milano cookies and a bottle of water had been placed.


The sitting area contained a sofa and lamp. A flatscreen TV on an armoire, and a desk and chair were located between the living room and sleeping area. A telephone and lamp were on the desk.

There were two nightstands with lamps and an alarm clock next to the king size bed. The bed was super comfy, and the sheets were good quality. A second telephone was on one of the stands. Both of the large windows in the suite contained screens and could be opened.









The vanity was located outside the bathroom, and a closet was located between the vanity and bathing area. The closet contained extra bedding, a folding luggage rack, iron, ironing board, and hangers. Bath amenities were provided, and the towels were good quality.

Food & Beverage

The included food and beverage at this location was excellent! Everything was super clean. Dishes and food were all held in closed containers to keep them fresh and clean. The plates were behind clear plastic doors. Some of the foods were behind clear doors, and some items were in heated containers or covered dishes.
Menu posted on fridge in suite; click on photos to enlarge
The evening social included: chicken tortilla soup, hot dogs, soft pretzels, fresh salad with several toppings, chips, two red wines, white wine, and beer. I did not notice the soda or juice type beverage options. I wish I could have enjoyed breakfast at this location; however, I had an early flight the next morning.

Business center

The keypad for remote printing at this location was not working. When I inquired about this, the front desk agent said they were aware of this, and had a request in to have this fixed. There were two computers in the business center, and I was able to print something from one of the computers.

Airport shuttle

The hotel shuttle picks up at the car rental lot, so I did not have to shuttle back to the airport after returning my car. It is the same shuttle service as when I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next door. The shuttle picks up for Holiday Inn Express, Homewood Suites, and Hampton Inn. It stops at the hotels in that order. I waited 20 minutes for the shuttle when I arrived just before 2:00 p.m. The driver told me they had been changing shifts, and the previous driver had to relay all the information. We then picked up five more people at three airport stops after I boarded. One Hampton Inn passenger was not happy. He got off at the first hotel stop and walked to the Hampton Inn - after he sat in his seat with a scowl the entire ride. I had called for the shuttle at 1:44 p.m., and it was 2:30 p.m. when I checked in at my hotel, so it took 45 minutes.

The morning shuttle departed every 20 minutes, and I wanted to be to the airport at 5:30 a.m. I thought the 5:20 shuttle would be cutting it too close, so I took the 5:00 a.m. shuttle. When I checked in, the agent initially told me I could go at 4:40 or 5:20. After I said 4:40 a.m. would be too early, he said I could go at 5:00 a.m. I am not sure if he initially overlooked this time, or if he had been trying to encourage me to take a different time, as the shuttle was full. The seats were not actually full; however, the seven passengers on board had about 15 bags. One couple had at least six bags for the two of them. I am amazed the driver fit all the bags in the back. We stopped at the Hampton Inn after leaving the Homewood Suites at 5:00 a.m., and I got off the shuttle at the Delta stop at 5:10 a.m.

Even though the TSA line at SMF was longer than the regular line, it moved quickly, and I was through security in 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment