Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wayne, New Jersey / Residence Inn Wayne

June 2013, Weekday, 1-night, 2-bedroom suite #318

Status perks and check-in
At check-in, Maggie said that I had been upgraded for the night. I was impressed by the upgrade at this Residence Inn in Wayne, NJ, because my experience at most Marriott properties, has been that I do not receive an automatic room upgrade unless I am staying in one of their full service hotels.

A room had not been released on the computer yet, so Maggie called housekeeping to ask if a 2-bedroom suite was available. I was then assigned room 318. I do not know if this is a different room than what was initially intended because Maggie did not say. She provided professional and friendly service. I also received the standard Platinum bonus points.

kitchen/living room view from door

Guestroom
This is a spacious guestroom with a kitchen and living area, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The guestroom is so large, that I do not know if I will be able to include all of the photos that I took in this review.

The kitchen area located by the entrance contained a full-size fridge, range, dishwasher, microwave, table with four chairs, cupboards and drawers stocked with dishes and utensils, coffee maker with supplies, microwave popcorn, and other miscellaneous items, such as salt and pepper, and paper towel.
living area, king bedroom


The living area straight ahead from the kitchen contained a sofa with throw pillows, a coffee table, an end table, lamps, and a flatscreen TV on an armoire. A nice gas fireplace was located in the corner.

The entire guestroom was tastefully decorated, although I was surprised to see a few stains on the sofa fabric.
king bedroom




king bed bath
The bedroom on the left contained a king size bed, a flatscreen TV on an armoire, and night stands with lamps, a lighted alarm clock, and telephone.

king bed bath


Both of the bathrooms in the guestroom were pretty similar. There is a door between the vanity and shower area in both bathrooms. The vanity in the king bathroom is across from a closet with mirrored doors.
queen bed bath



Both bathrooms contained a tub/shower combination with a shower curtain on a curved rod. A hairdryer was provided in both bathrooms, as well as bath amenities--lotion, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I was again surprised to see a problem with stains. The hand towels in the bathroom next to the queen bedded room were stained. I set the towels on the counter after I saw this, because they looked kind of like someone had used them to wipe with, and then they had not been replaced. I have included photos of the stained items at the end of this review.

queen bed with desk
The queen bedroom also contained a flatscreen TV on an armoire, a night stand with lamp, lighted alarm clock, and telephone. Additionally, this room has a large closet in the bedroom area (instead of the slightly smaller one across from the king vanity), and a desk and chair. The desk chair had so many stains on it, that I sat on a towel to use the chair.

queen room looking from desk
Both of the beds looked comfortable, so now I had the dilemma of deciding where to sleep! Initially, I thought that if one was traveling with children, the adults would want the room with the larger closet and the desk; however, that room contained the queen bed rather than the king bed. Since I was traveling alone, I decided to use the queen room to work in, and sleep in the king bed. The bedding and bed was comfortable for the most part, although the mattress was a tad too hard for my taste.

queen bedroom
This would have been an excellent guestroom, if it had been located on the top floor. I had the unfortunate experience of a family staying overhead--with 3 children and a dog. I do not have anything against children or pets, and I have traveled with both myself. I do, however, have a problem with unruly guests.

The family above me, ran up and down the halls and the guestroom, and they jumped around in the guestroom. When it got so bad that the smoke detector cover fell off the wall in my guestroom, I called them. The situation did not improve much after my call, although the jumping vibration that caused the smoke alarm to come loose ceased. It is beyond me why a hotel would ever assign a top floor guestroom to someone with children and pets. It seems like bottom floor rooms should be reserved for pets.

Food & Beverage
Food items served the evening of my stay included: broccoli cheese soup, fresh spring mix salad, tacos with salsa and toppings, carrot cake, lemonade, and I do not recall the additional non-alcoholic beverages. This hotel did not serve wine or beer.

Breakfast the morning of my stay included: turkey canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, waffle maker, oatmeal, cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, whole bananas and apples, juices, coffee, tea, and milk.

Business center
Two computers and a printer were set up in the dining area. The printer was initially jammed when I tried to print something. After I solved the issue, many pages printed! I guess several people had tried to print without bringing the problem to someone's attention. I dropped off the documents that came out of the printer at the front desk.

Fitness center
The fitness center located near the front desk was adequate. It contained four cardio machines with cardio theater, a flatscreen TV with remote, hand weights, a drinking fountain, and towels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Below are the photos of the stained items in the guestroom. The stains on the desk chair look kind of like debris. I tried to clean the chair off, and the marks did not change, so they were either stains or ground-in debris. The towel stains are difficult to see in the photos, although a slight discoloration/yellowing is visible. The stains that I observed stood out more than what is visible in the photos.
sofa

desk chair


No comments:

Post a Comment