Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

DTW - Detroit airport / The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

December 2012, Weekend, 1-night, Executive king guestroom #801

The Westin Detroit Airport is located within the airport.

Status perks
We received a room upgrade to the concierge floor; however, the lounge was not open. The front desk agent offered me a choice of three welcome gifts: free Internet, $15 off in the lounge, or 250 bonus points. I chose the $15 coupon, which I later learned was actually not a $15 coupon when I read the small print after sitting down in the lounge that evening. It was a coupon good for one beverage, up to $15.  There is quite a difference between the two coupons, in my opinion. If I had known that, I would have chosen the bonus points.

Guestroom
Guestroom 801 is located on the top floor, directly left after exiting the elevator. Our view overlooked the airport. The windows were well soundproofed, and we did not hear any noise from outside. We heard an occasional door shut in the hallway, and nothing more. I do not think there were many guests on our floor the night of our stay.

The guestroom was very comfortable. I think the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in--cozy, high quality bedding and pillows--supreme! The chaise lounge was comfortable as well.

The bathroom was an average size with a tub and shower combination. The vanity was large, and the towels were good quality. I did not think the bathroom amenities (shampoo, lotion, etc.) were high quality. I did not bring any home, and I do not recall the brand name.

The coffee and beverage setup across from the bathroom included complimentary Starbucks coffee, condiments with liquid creamer, and two bottles of water. A minibar with items for purchase was located next to the coffee. An ice bucket, and glass glasses were provided; however, the only coffee cups provided were the cardboard ones.


The guestroom also contained a flatscreen TV, desk and chair, working alarm clock, a folding luggage rack, and one plush bathrobe. There were plenty of electrical outlets, and the guestroom was well lit.




Food & Beverage
We had beer and wine in the lounge, which was good quality and expensive. Gardetto type bar snacks were served at each table. The menu items looked good, although we did not order anything to eat.  

Misc.
Internet service was not included; even in public areas. I was disappointed that we did not receive any type of breakfast coupon or discount since the lounge was closed. When I stay at a Hyatt or Hilton and the lounge is closed, I usually receive some type of breakfast perk.

There is one airport entrance line directly from this hotel. There is a separate lane for crew members; however, this lane did not have a sign to include TSA pre-check passengers. I asked the TSA agent if it was also a pre-check lane, and he said no. He scanned my boarding pass, got the beeps that I was cleared, and apologized saying that I still needed to enter through the passenger lane. The lane was quick, so that was not a problem. Without the pre-check lane though, I had to unpack my liquids and laptop, and remove my shoes, belt, etc. It sure is nice not to have to do that through the pre-check lanes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Admin

    I love your blog
    This article is very ineresting. It is very useful information about this topic.


    Thanks for sharing


    Detroit Metro Airport Limo Service

    ReplyDelete