Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thomaston/Rockland, Maine / Hampton Inn

April 2012, Weekday, 1-night, King studio suite #401

Status perks
I did not receive any perks as a Gold member. I had booked a studio suite, so the only room type that was more expensive than what I had booked was a whirlpool room. The front desk agent did not say if there were any whirlpool rooms available, and she did not ask if I wanted one. I probably would not have wanted one anyway, unless the guestroom was more spacious and also had a couch.

Guestroom
Guestroom 401 was located on the top floor at the end of the hall. My favorite location--yay! The counter area at the entrance included a sink, small fridge, microwave, and coffee setup. There was a connecting room door between the entrance and sitting area. The sitting area was located at the foot of the bed. There was enough room for the two of us, although I did not think the suite was very spacious. Furnishings included: a couch, soft chair at the desk, end tables, coffee table, desk and chair (located against the wall between the couch and bed), king bed, night stands, and one flatscreen TV, which could be swiveled to view from the couch or bed. 

There were two large windows with screens, and the windows could be opened. The bathroom vanity and a closet were located outside the bathing and toilet area, which contained a tub/shower combination. I thought the guestroom furniture was kind of old, and the room did not smell fresh. This Hampton Inn was definitely not as clean or furnished as nicely as the one we had just left in Bath, Maine. 

Food & Beverage
Again, the food items at breakfast were similar to what had been served at the Hampton Inn in Bath. The hot egg item on the morning of our stay were the egg and vegetable fold-over omelets.  

Fitness center
The fitness center at this hotel was exactly as pictured on the hotel website, and everything was in working order.

Overall
Most of the lodging choices in this area are Bed and Breakfast type inns. Since I always like to accrue points when I travel, this Hampton Inn was the only choice, without having to drive back and forth from Augusta. I thought this stay was acceptable, although nothing to rave about.

I have found that many of the guestrooms at Hampton Inn recently are only furnished with one chair, which is often a straight back uncomfortable chair. I had found a decent AAA rate for this studio suite, which is why I booked this room type--I wanted to have someplace to sit besides the bed or desk chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment