Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Logansport, Indiana / Holiday Inn Express

February 2012, Weekday, 2-nights, King suite #327

Status perks
I received an upgrade to a king suite at check-in.

Guestroom
The spacious guestroom was located on the top floor near the end of the hall. I always request a high floor room in a quiet area when making my reservation online, so I was happy that hotel staff must have read my request. There were larger guestrooms on the diagram on the back of the guestroom door, which I assume must be executive suites, although the room descriptions for this hotel make it difficult to choose a room. Guestroom 327 was larger than most of the rooms on the diagram, so the basic king room I had reserved must not include a sitting area as well as the fridge and microwave that were not listed in the guestroom description.

This guestroom had a kitchenette area with a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. A desk and chair, along with a couch, and coffee and end tables, were located in this same area. The king bed and flat screen TV were located at the end of the guestroom by the window. The sitting and working area were both comfortable. The bed was fairly comfortable except for the pad that was under the sheets. The feel of the pad through the sheets reminded me of the pads that are often used on toddlers' beds when being potty trained. A nice suitcase bench was in the sleeping area next to the TV, which was on a large dresser. The guestroom was clean, and I did not hear any noise from the hallway or outside during my stay.

There was a large vanity and decent hairdryer in the spacious bathroom. The hallway outside of this guestroom reeked heavily of cigarette smoke almost every time I went in or out of the room. I was glad that I could not smell it in the guest room.

Food & Beverage
I did not eat breakfast at the hotel either morning because the food did not look appetizing either day. The first morning, I entered the room just a few minutes after it opened at 6:30 AM. The scrambled eggs and sausage gravy both had a crusty film on top and did not look fresh. Cinnamon rolls, three kinds of bulk style cereal in a dispenser, bagels, milk, juice, and coffee were also available. The second morning, bananas and yogurt were available as well. Scrambled eggs were served again the second morning, and I do not recall for sure what the second hot item was, although I think it was sausage.

Fitness center
The fitness center is located next to the pool, and it was quite warm the first day. I checked the thermostat before I left, and the heat control was set at 74. I did not change the temperature that day; however, when I entered the next day, and it was even warmer, I did. The heater was set on 89 degrees, and it was hot in there! I turned the air on, and turned the temperature down to 74.

There were three cardio machines, hand weights, a water cooler, towels, scale, and deluxe first aid kit in the room. There was no cardio theater; however, since I was the only one in the room every time, I watched the flat screen TV, which was well positioned for viewing.

Business center
A computer and printer located in the breakfast room served as the business center. I did not have a problem using the computer to print a document; however, the person using the computer before me had been browsing X-rated sites. I quickly closed the window, and then wished I had told someone at the front desk before closing it, so the computer settings could be adjusted. The person must have attempted to clear the evidence because it was not in the history, although he had not closed/exited the window that opened up properly. Some hotels have their computers set so that this kind of browsing is not allowed. Be warned that the computer at this hotel is not set to block activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment