Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tupelo, Mississippi -- Hilton Garden Inn

Status perks
I received the standard two bottles of water that I always receive from Hilton at check-in, and a basic king bed room, which is what I had reserved.

Room
The room contained a soft chair and footstool, desk and chair, and fridge and microwave. I didn't think the room offered the best comfort for working. Neither chair was very comfortable. The desk chair was an ergonomic chair; however, the material was rough, so it was not comfortable when I was wearing shorts. It had not been cleaned very well (hairs on the seat and back), so I tried sitting on a towel, which helped some. The sleep number bed was comfortable, and I slept well. The Internet connection speed was good. Even though the diagram on the guestroom door showed my room as one of the smaller rooms, I was happy with it because it was on the top floor at the end of the hall. I did not experience any noise or disturbances.  This was great considering the hotel and lounge were extremely full one of the nights during my stay. I later learned there had been a Poison concert next door that night! I guess I should have asked what was going on that evening.

Food & Beverage
I had a couple different food items in the evening and was impressed with the quality. I had the wedge salad, a berry salad, and an ahi tuna sandwich on three different evenings. Both salads were large potions, prepared with fresh ingredients, and flavorful. The ahi tuna was also excellent. The sandwich comes with fries, and I was able to get it with fresh vegetables after I inquired about a different side item. It was a good sized piece of grilled tuna on a french roll with cucumber dressing. House wine was discounted on Wednesday evening. This was also the evening of the concert, and the service was excellent this evening, even though the restaurant and lounge were extremely busy. The service was acceptable the other two evenings, although it was better the night it was busy. I had the same bartender every time, so I guess he works better under pressure!

Little splits of Korbel were available in the beverage center next to the front desk for $4.25, which I thought was a great deal.

Fitness center
The room contained three cardio machines and a weight machine. There was one working TV and remote, fresh water, a scale, and towels. The cardio machines looked into the inside pool area. The room temperature was quite warm, so I never stayed more than 1/2 hour. I did not have any trouble finding an open machine when I visited in the afternoon or early morning.

Business center
The business center was well stocked with many different business supplies: tape, stapler, post-it notes, envelopes, pens and pencils, and paper. There were two working computers and a printer. I also used the copy machine without any trouble.

Overall
I was happy with the bed comfort and location of this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a fabulous restaurant next door called the Fairpark Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment