Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Grand Rapids, Michigan / GRR airport hotel -- Hilton

I gave a review of this Hilton in March 2011. You can find that review in the Blog Archive by date, or by clicking on the link here. I am only sharing new information in this post. The March stay was on a Saturday, and the April stay was on a Sunday.

Guestroom #356
I again received a room on the top floor (the wing at the west end is only 3 floors). This time, the room was near the end of the hall, instead of in the middle. The room looked exactly the same as the one I had on my last stay. The tub drain was somewhat clogged/slow draining. My husband did not like the small bathroom because there was not enough room to use the facilities without closing the door. There was no hotel directory in the room, so I had to call the front desk to find out the dining and fitness center hours.

When I arrived after 4 p.m., the agent said that the room assigned to me--room 233--was not ready, so she was giving me room 356 instead. I have my profile preferences set for a high floor room away from the elevator, so I was surprised that room 233 would have been assigned to me, because it is not on a high floor. I thought maybe it was an upgraded room, so I asked if both rooms are the same, and the agent said yes. It was a lot quieter in guestoom 356, than it had been during our last stay on a Saturday evening.

Food & Beverage
The breakfast service and food was fantastic. Employees were friendly and attentive, and I enjoyed the food. The breakfast certificate I received was good for the breakfast buffet or $9.95 off the a la carte menu. I ordered the Englishman--corned beef hash, poached eggs, and rye toast. Potatoes are also included with this entree; however, I ordered it without the potatoes. The food was cooked perfectly, the food items were fresh and good quality, and the taste was excellent.

Pool
The pool area was clean and looked comfortable. We tried the whirlpool tub, and the temperature was kind of cool. A posted sign on the door said that adult swim is from 10 p.m. - midnight.

Fitness center
The fitness center opened at 6 a.m.. There were several working cardio machines with cardio theater, and a working TV with remote. There were many hand weights, two work benches, and a large exercise ball. Sani-wipes and headphones were available; however, there were no cups for drinking water. The room temperature was comfortable.

Shuttle
The hotel shuttle to the airport was prompt, and the service was friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on
    everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform
    like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any recommendations? Cheers!
    Also see my webpage: Kahului Car Rental

    ReplyDelete