Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grand Rapids, Michigan / GRR airport -- Hilton

Gold perks and check-in

I stayed at this hotel on the weekend and received two full breakfast coupons at check-in. This hotel does not have a concierge floor or lounge. I had an early flight and would not be able to use the breakfast coupons, so the agent asked if I wanted bonus points instead. After I inquired and learned she did not have an offer for evening perks, I accepted the bonus points.

GRR Hilton - floor 4

Room

We received a room on the top [4th] floor in the middle of the hall. The bed, couch, and desk chair were all comfortable. The carpet and furnishings looked new. The bathroom was extremely small. There was room for only one person at a time, and the door needed to be shut to use the shower. I would have preferred a more soundproof guestroom door from the hall because there were many young kids at the hotel during our stay. I always request a corner room in a quiet area on my reservation, so I was disappointed we had been assigned a guestroom in the middle of the hallway and activity. 

Food & Beverage

The Spinnaker Lounge serves many local brews, and we visited for a beverage and snack. We were happy with the beverages, although the flash-fried calamari was disappointing. The calamari was good quality and fresh; however, it was the greasiest flash-fried calamari I have ever had. It was served with mango cocktail sauce, which had good flavor, although it was quite sweet.

Overall and misc.

I was very comfortable at this hotel. I think if your goal is a good night's sleep at an airport hotel, this property is a good choice—especially during the week. I imagine the guests are usually business travelers on weekdays, and the only noise problem we experienced were young guests running down the hall. The airport shuttle in the morning was on time. It only took about five minutes to get to the airport. There were a couple restaurants across the side street—Smokey Bones and Applebee’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment