Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Las Cruces, New Mexico -- Staybridge Suites


March 2010, Weekday, 1-night, Queen studio

Status perks
I did not receive an upgraded room; however, we arrived extremely early and my husband had expected to sit in the pool area while I went off to work. When we were assigned a room right away, I did not ask about an upgrade. I returned to the room later that day, and a goody bag had been delivered, which contained potato chips, popcorn, and water.

Guestroom
The room was freezing when we entered. I will never understand why businesses have their air on when it's only 60 degrees outside. I turned the wall control to "off" as soon as we entered the room and it never quit blowing cold air. My husband finally got it to shut off by turning a control off on the unit itself (even though the unit said it was controlled by the wall thermostat). I was glad he was with me, because I'm sure I would had to call engineering, if I had been traveling by myself.

We had a queen bed studio room, which included a couch, desk and chair, full size fridge, stove top, and dishwasher. We found a bottle of soda pop in the cupboard with a note that said: Thank you for finding me! Enjoy this complimentary beverage. We had no trouble exchanging the beverage at the front desk for a flavor we preferred. The guestroom was comfortable.

Food & Beverage
We stayed on Monday evening and Staybridge Suites does not offer an evening reception on Monday nights. Breakfast the next morning was satisfactory. The scrambled eggs were hot, and the bacon was flavorful, but greasy. Other items available were: biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, hot cereal, breads, and cottage cheese.

Pool
The outdoor pool area was very nice. It faced east, and there were sunny areas the entire day. The area was tastefully landscaped with plants, it was clean, and the hot tub was hot.

Fitness center
The fitness center was satisfactory, although it quickly became stuffy in the room with no fan or means to cool it down. There were four or five cardio machines with Cardio Theater, a couple weight machines, and weights.

Misc.
This building is one of the largest Staybridge Suites I have ever stayed in. It was new, and nicely decorated. There were many shopping and dining options within a few miles. The only restaurants within walking distance were IHOP and Peter Piper Pizza (or something similar--I do not recall the exact name).

No comments:

Post a Comment