Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Traverse City, Michigan / Hampton Inn

February 2019, 1-night, Weekend, king study guestroom #433


We previously stayed in this same guestroom March 2015, and you can find more details for the room and hotel in that blog post. This is a brief post with a bit of new information, and a reiteration of the fact that the hotel room diagram does not match the guestrooms. This is more clearly shown in my previous blog post.

Diamond perks and check-in

I did not intentionally try to stay in the same guestroom; that is just how it worked out. I had reserved a queen bed guestroom, and when I checked in online, I was able to choose any room type, so I chose a king study. Unfortunately, I had not read my previous blog post thoroughly before checking in, and I initially assigned myself guestroom 435, as that guestroom is closer to the end of the hall, and away from the traffic end of the building. After doing so, I recalled that the four end rooms are smaller guestrooms. I rechecked this information in my previous blog post, and then I called the hotel. The agent confirmed that the end guestrooms are smaller: numbers 434 - 437. She reassigned us to guestroom 433.

Diamond member bag received at check-in
This property has a designated parking spot for Diamond members, which was open when we arrived. Check-in was a breeze, as the front desk agent had everything ready for us, including a goody bag with some snacks.

King study guestroom 433

The only thing different about this guestroom from our stay in 2015, is that the shower stall door was missing. A shower rod with shower curtain was hanging in the shower instead. This did not present too much of a problem for us, although I imagine a large person would not like the shower curtain, as it made the space inside the shower smaller.

It is possible we would have ended up in this same guestroom even if I had not called before we arrived. The door to guestroom 435 (the room I had originally chosen) was propped open during our visit, and it looked like the heater in that guestroom was being worked on. I peaked in the room when we were on our way to the pool, because I was curious about how much smaller the guestroom is. I was surprised that it did not look any smaller than our room. It had a sofa and desk, just like room 433. Possibly, the bathroom is a tad smaller, as I did not examine the room closely. I did notice that there was a door on the shower in that room, so something must have happened to the shower door in guestroom 433.
Sunset from Old Mission Peninsula
Guestroom 433 is on the west side of the building with a sunset view. We did not make it to the hotel until after the sun had set; the sunset photo above was taken just before we arrived.

Food & Beverage

Unfortunately for us, breakfast in the morning included the exact same foods we had had at Hampton Inn in Petoskey the morning before. The foods were fresh, and the area was clean.

Pool area

The pool area was clean and comfortable. This was easy to access from our guestroom, as it is located directly down the stairs at that end of the building.

Overall and misc.

I thought this hotel had an airport shuttle last time we stayed here; however, when I asked about it during this stay, I was told they do not have a shuttle. We had thought about possibly going to town, if the hotel had a shuttle that ran there. When the weather is nice, the bicycle trail that runs behind the hotel is easily accessible via Three Mile Road. It is about 3 miles to town. Another plus for this hotel when the weather is warm, is that the state park swimming beach is across the street from Hampton Inn.

This hotel was comfortable and clean, and I would choose it again. The off-season rates are a great value. Let me know if you have any questions!

  

1 comment:

  1. Nice place to visit with a beautiful sunset point
    Thank you

    write for us

    ReplyDelete