Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cadillac, Michigan / Hampton Inn

February 2019, Weekend, 1-night, King guestroom 427


Diamond perks and check-in

This hotel was very busy the night of our stay, and there was only one front desk agent working when we arrived. We waited about 5 minutes to check in, and then our check-in process was very quick. The agent recognized my status, and she offered a bottle of water and snack.

Guestroom 427

This guestroom is on the top floor on the north side of the building. If you complete online check in and choose your guestroom, I suggest this side of the building, as the view is scenic; whereas, the southern view looks over the main parking lot and businesses. 

Guestroom 427
This guestroom contained a sofa, footstools, flatscreen TV on an armoire, king size bed, night stands with lamps, wardrobe closet, and a desk and chair. It was a tad larger than the room we'd had in Traverse City. There was a large gap around the guestroom door, and I was somewhat worried about noise, because we had seen so many guests in the lobby when we arrived. Fortunately, all of the quiet guests were on floor 4! 😊 The only noises we heard from inside the guestroom were a couple of doors closing quietly. The door gap does let noise through because we heard a guest across from us coughing frequently when we were in the hallway.

Bathroom in guestroom 427
The bathroom contained a tub/shower combination, bath amenities, and a hairdryer. A nightlight was laying on the counter. It did not work after I plugged it in, so I assume it had been set down to have it replaced, and then it was forgotten. The vanity countertop space was small, and there were additional shelves underneath.

The premium Internet connection speed was great. 

Food & Beverage

The breakfast foods were well stocked, which I thought was impressive given the number of guests in this hotel. We were lucky to find two seats at a table when we went down after 8:00 AM. We were glad to see that egg omelets were served, instead of scrambled eggs, which had been served when we stayed in Traverse City and Petoskey. The rest of the offerings were similar: yogurt, fresh fruits, waffle maker, oatmeal, cold cereals, breads and pastries.

Pool area

Again, given the number of guests in this hotel, I thought we were lucky to find only one other couple in the whirlpool tub when we visited in the early evening. I could not find a full body shower in the pool area, so we had to shower/rinse off in the guestroom. I did not think the whirlpool tub was super clean, which may have had something to do with the number of people in the hotel.

Misc. and overall

There was no one at the front desk when we left, so I left my key packet on the counter. I had tried to checkout online; however, it was not working. I received an email copy of the hotel bill less than an hour after we departed. Fortunately, I opened the attachment to review it when we got home, because I had been incorrectly charged for high speed Internet service. I called the hotel, and the agent immediately corrected the bill.

This hotel is located next to a Mexican restaurant. We had thought about walking over for an appetizer; however, we ended up just staying in the hotel after we arrived. The hotel is easily accessible from 131 expressway. Holiday Inn Express is located just down the road from Hampton Inn, a bit closer toward the expressway. The two hotels are about ½ mile apart, and there is a sidewalk between them. I imagine the hotels are similar, although the Holiday Inn Express looks like a newer building. We chose Hampton Inn because I needed a couple more nights to keep my Diamond status.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful information with us. I enjoyed reading the details that you provided in all of your posts. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete