Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Bloomington, Indiana: Homewood Suites

November 2023, weekdays, two nights, king one bedroom guestroom #423


Arrival and diamond perks

When I checked the app after receiving my check-in notification a couple of days before arrival, there were only two guestroom choices available: a king studio on the bottom floor, and one on floor 3. I decided to cancel the check-in process, and then checked the app again the morning of my arrival. That morning, I had been upgraded to a king bedroom on the top floor. I completed check-in, and then arrived at the hotel around check-in time. I received a bag with two bottles of water and snacks.

One bedroom king #423 in Homewood Suites Bloomington, Indiana


Guestroom 423

This is a standard one bedroom guestroom for Homewood Suites. It is on the side of the building facing I-69.  The windows were fairly well sound-proofed, so the traffic noise did not bother us much. 

One bedroom king #423 in Homewood Suites Bloomington, Indiana

The kitchen and living area contained a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, single cup coffeemaker with supplies, dishwasher, small dining table with two chairs, a sofa, soft chair, end and coffee tables, large flatscreen TV on an armoire, and a work desk and chair. The work desk area was comfortable for working, and the internet connection was good. We stayed two nights, and the internet in this hotel disconnected me 24 hours after we had arrived, while I was inputting data! Grrr! I hate it when that happens.

One bedroom king #423 in Homewood Suites Bloomington, Indiana

There was a door between the living room and bedroom. The bed quality as decent, and the bathroom was spacious with a nice walk-in shower. The only noise we heard during our stay was from a small dog whimpering across the hall.


Some of the foods at the evening social in Homewood Suites Bloomington, Indiana


Food & Beverage

This hotel has an evening social on Wednesdays, which was amazing! I think it is the best one I have been to since COVID. Unfortunately, I had a 2-hour work call Wednesday evening, so I missed most of it. I was able to grab some salad and one glass of wine before my call. I did not miss a second glass of wine, because the brand was low quality Sutter Home. Beer choices were Budweiser, Miller Light, and Heineken. The evening food, however, was impressive: fresh salad, potato salads, chips, cheeses, crackers (sadly, no whole-grain), chicken soup and bread, chili and corn muffins, and cookies.


Breakfast both mornings was kind of dismal. Fresh oatmeal (yay!), cold cereals, a few fresh fruits, eggs that did not look or taste fresh, sausage gravy with biscuits, and a waffle maker. There was a breakfast menu in our guestroom showing the breakfast options; however, it was a calendar from October, and we stayed in November.  


Photos from Homewood Suites website on 11/15/2023

Pool area

I chose this hotel because the pool area shows a fabulous hot tub in the hotel website photos. The tub was closed during our stay, and it did not look like it was in the process of reopening. When I scrutinized the amenity details after our stay, I noticed whirlpool tub is not listed. There are still two close-up photos of the tub on the website at the time of this post, so I am not sure what their intent is with the tub.


Misc. and overall

This was a comfortable hotel in a good location for our visit. It would have been within walking distance to shopping and restaurants along W. 3rd Street, except the sidewalk was closed during our stay. 


Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment