Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Spokane, Washington: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Spokane Airport

 September 2021, weekday, 1-night, king guestroom 314


Arrival and gold perks

I arrived at this hotel by car from outside the airport. It was difficult to find the hotel, as the address on their website did not take me where the hotel is located. This hotel is fairly new, and there were no hotel signs in the airport, like the other hotels and rental car companies. I could see the hotel, but I could not figure out how to get there after my GPS took me down the road behind it. I called the hotel, and the person I spoke with did not provide much clearer directions than my GPS. The hotel is located directly across from the arrival and rental car counters in the airport. So, follow the sign for arrivals, and when you get to the very end of the airport building, you will see a SpringHill Suites sign on your left. I had not seen the hotel when I arrived because the rental car exit is beyond the hotel. 

View of airport from guestroom 314 at SpringHill Suites Spokane, WA

Even though I had spoken with someone at the front desk just a few minutes before my arrival, there was no one at the desk when I entered. A sign on the counter said to please wait while another guest was being assisted. I did not observe any other guests being assisted, and I could hear employees talking in the work area behind the counter. I waited patiently, and no one came out. After waiting almost 10 minutes, I finally said, "Hello." No one answered; however, the employee working in the restaurant area heard me and walked over. She then walked to the back room to get someone to assist me. The person who assisted me did not apologize for the wait, recognize my status, nor provide any info about what type of room she was assigning me. I asked her if I needed my parking ticket stamped to leave and return my rental car after I took my luggage to my room. She said there is a half hour grace period. I checked the time on my ticket, since I knew I had waited several minutes. She then added that if I needed more time, I could stop at the front desk and get it stamped.


SpringHill Suites guestroom 314 in Spokane airport


Guestroom 314

This guestroom is near the middle of the hallway facing the airport. There are four floors at this hotel. The walls and windows are all well soundproofed. 


SpringHill Suites guestroom 314 in Spokane airport

This is a basic SpringHill Suites guestroom with a sitting area and the usual amenities: work desk and chair, sofa, footstool, flatscreen TV, small fridge, microwave, and single-serve coffeemaker with supplies. The bench under the TV was almost wide enough to function as a suitcase bench for a small suitcase. 


The guestroom diagram showed that this guestroom is a bit smaller than some of the other rooms, which did not matter. The bed was comfy, and everything was clean. The [free] enhanced internet access for gold status guests and above worked great. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.



Bathroom in SpringHill Suites guestroom 314


The bathroom contained a large walk-in shower and amenities: shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, and hairdryer. The towels were good quality.


Food & beverage

This hotel has a counter style service restaurant, which many SpringHill Suites do not have. It was set up similar to a Marriott Courtyard, and I thought the offerings were a bit better. Buffet breakfast is included. I did not get to taste this, as I had an early flight. When I checked out, I asked if the hotel has any kind of to-go bag, and I was told no. Be prepared, if you happen to have an early flight, as the airport restaurants do not open until 5AM (only Burger Kind and Starbucks after security). A gift shop after security sells bagels and other breakfast items; however, the shelves were nearly empty by the time I found this.


Misc. 

This is a great airport hotel. It was easy to walk back from the rental car lot, and it was easy to cross the road to the airport early in the morning. There are a couple of other hotels in the airport, as well: Wingate and Ramada. SpringHill Suites is the closest one. 


Let me know if you have any questions!


1 comment: