Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2020

Houston, Texas: Courtyard Houston Intercontinental Airport

December 2019, Weekdays, 2-nights, King guestroom 433


I fell a bit behind with my blog posts over the holidays, so this post does not contain as much information as usual.

Platinum perks and check-in

A room was ready for me when I arrived, although I had not received a notification via the app. I did not receive a room upgrade or breakfast. I asked about breakfast, because I had received it when I stayed at the Austin airport Courtyard a few months earlier. This is not a guaranteed perk for Platinum members when points are chosen; however, sometimes a property goes above and beyond the norm.

View from guestroom 433 at Courtyard Houston Intercontinental Airport

King guestroom 433

This is  a standard king guestroom on the top floor near the end of the hall. If the guestroom diagram is correct, this is the smallest room type in this hotel. The view overlooks the outside courtyard and airport parking. I heard occasional airplane noise; however, it was not bothersome. 

Guestroom diagram from back of door
I liked the walk-in shower, and Keurig coffeemaker. A small fridge and microwave were located behind the door to the right of the coffeemaker.


I do not remember much else that was either positive or negative about this guestroom. The guestroom photos I am sharing match the king guestroom photos on the hotel website.

Courytard Houston airport guestroom 433


Food & Beverage

The menu options did not offer much in the way of small healthy bites, in my opinion. If I wanted something healthy in the evening, I had the option of ordering a full salad or soup. The salads were very large, and the only soup during my stay was tomato. I ordered a salad one evening, and then had the leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

Misc.

Picking up and turning a rental car at IAH is quite time consuming. When I arrived in Houston (around 10:30 AM on a Tuesday), it took over half an hour to collect my luggage, shuttle to the rental car facility, and then depart the facility. The car rental shuttle bus was packed full, and there were about six lanes of rental cars departing with at least four cars in each lane. I am a Hertz Gold member, and had been able to bypass any lines to get to my vehicle.

Standing in the visitor's lot outside IAH car rental center
Labeled overhead view of IAH car rental center and pickup location
I learned the  hotel airport shuttle would pick me up at the car rental center, so I returned my car the day before my flight. The pickup spot is at the visitor's lot of the rental center. The walk is less than a quarter mile from the Hertz return area; however, it is not marked. I have included a couple of photos for anyone who may be thinking of doing this. Click on the photos to enlarge them. I waited less than 10 minutes for the shuttle bus. In the morning, the airport shuttle is first come, first serve, so I went to the lobby over five minutes early. One guest was waiting before me.

There is a full service Marriott, which is connected to the airport via tram; however, the rates at that hotel were twice as much as the Courtyard. It was easy to access the interstate from this hotel.

Let me know if you have any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment