Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Berea, Kentucky: Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea

December 2019, Weekend, 1-night, King guestroom 219


Arrival and platinum perks

The hotel seemed quite empty when we arrived after 5:00 PM. The front desk agent did not mention my status, or say anything about a room upgrade. In fact, I did not receive my welcome amenity points for this stay until after I contacted the hotel over two weeks later.

Guestroom diagram on back of door at Fairfield Inn Berea room 219

King guestroom 219

This guestroom may have been an extended king upgrade from what I had originally booked, because the room is longer on the guestroom diagram than some of the guestrooms. It is not on the top floor, as I had requested in my reservation notes, and I did not ask about this during check-in. Since the hotel appeared to be mostly empty, I was not as concerned about overhead noise. Also, I thought maybe this would be a nicer room and upgrade, as that sometimes happens when I end up on a lower floor. In hindsight, I should have asked during check-in.

The guestroom was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The layout was a bit odd, as the bathroom is located by the entrance door, rather than next to the sleeping area or between the sleeping and sitting area.

Bathroom in guestroom 219

Refreshment area between bathroom and living area
The spacious bathroom contained a tub/shower combination, and bathing amenities. A small fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker were located outside the bathroom. There was no closet at the entrance.



Sitting area in guestroom 219
The living area contained a sofa, work desk and chair, flatscreen TV, and a couple of small end tables.

Looking into sleeping area from desk in guestroom 219
An additional flatscreen TV was at the foot of the bed in the sleeping area. A closet with hangers is located next to the bed around the right corner in the photo above. This guestroom is located on the east side of the building facing the Holiday Inn Express next door, and the expressway. We could hear traffic noise most of the night.

Food & beverage

Breakfast is included with the stay; however, we were awake and on the road before breakfast was ready. I was able to get a couple of bananas to take with us.

Pool photo from hotel website for Lexington-Berea Fairfield Inn

Pool area

The indoor pool photo on the hotel website shows a picture of a whirlpool; however, there was not a working whirlpool during our stay. It was blocked off, and it looked like it was in the process of being filled in and closed. We did not learn what the situation was, because we did not see anyone in the reception area when we went there to inquire after seeing the closed area.

Misc. and overall

This hotel is in a good location next to I-75. We had booked a decent AAA rate; however, I was disappointed with our stay, overall. I did not care for the location of our guestroom with the traffic noise, and after seeing the whirlpool was closed, I wish I had requested a whirlpool guestroom when we arrived. I need to listen to my travel motto more often: "You don't ask, you don't get!"

Let me know if you have any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment