Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Louisville, Kentucky / Courtyard Louisville Airport

November 2018, 1-night, 2-queen guestroom 501, weekend


Gold perks and check-in

I checked in via the app with a 7:30 PM estimated arrival time, and we arrived shortly after 7:30 PM. Our room had not been assigned prior to arrival, which did not make sense to me. I mean, what is the purpose of checking in beforehand, if it does not expedite anything later? We were initially assigned a guestroom, which did not match my preferences or requests--guestroom 314, which is near the elevator, and not on the top floor. The agent had not recapped anything, so when she handed me the key packet, I asked if the room has two beds. After I looked at the room number, I inquired about a room on the top floor. I told her we had been driving all day and really wanted to get a good night's sleep. I said I would prefer a room at the end of the hall in a quiet area with no connecting door. She reassigned us guestroom 501. 
App shows complimentary upgrade, if available.
I did not choose 3:15 arrival time; that is what was shown before I changed it.
I did not receive an upgrade, and I did not ask about this. Since there were three of us, an upgrade to a larger room with two beds and a sofa certainly would have been more comfortable. Guestrooms 502 - 510 look like larger rooms that are smaller than the suites near the elevator.

Guestroom 501

Guestroom 501

This guestroom is on the top floor at the end of the hall. It has a connecting room door, and fortunately, we did not hear any noise from the room next door. 

Guestroom 501
This guestroom looked pretty much the same as the photos on the hotel website, except there were only 3 pillows per bed instead of 4, and there were no decorative accent throws at the foot of the beds. Neither of these made any difference to us. I am merely pointing out differences between the guestroom and the hotel website for others who want to know. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the bedding was good quality.

The guestroom contained a work desk and chair, a soft chair and footstool, and a flatscreen TV above the armoire. A small fridge was located in the armoire.

Bathroom in guestroom 501

View from in front of vanity showing closet and connecting room door.
A mirror closet was located across from the vanity outside of the bathroom toilet and tub/shower. Bath amenities, coffeemaker, coffee, and condiments were provided on the vanity outside the shower area. The provided towels were good quality. The closet contained a folding luggage rack, along with an iron and ironing board. 

Guestroom diagram

Misc. and overall

Overall, we were satisfied with this stay. The rate was less than $100, and the guestroom was clean and comfortable. Airplane noise was minimal during our stay. I met the airport shuttle driver in the lobby when I checked out. He eagerly greeted me and asked if I needed a ride to the airport. After I politely declined, he went to get the front desk agent for me to check out.

 We did not use the pool area during our visit because there were several people using the area every time we checked. We also did not dine at the hotel since we arrived in the evening, and left early the next morning.

Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment