Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Virginia / Dulles airport Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott

May 2018, Weekday, 1-night, Extended king guestroom 323


Gold perks and check-in

I checked in using the Marriott app, which was a first for me. I went to the front desk when I arrived, because I did not see my room number, or how to choose a room on the app. The guestroom number did not show because I needed to complete one more step after I checked in online. I think it was the "get key" step, which I mistakenly assumed I did not need to do until I was ready to enter the room. I had been pre-assigned a guestroom on the top floor, which was also an upgrade. No one told me the room was an upgrade; I realized when I entered the guestroom and saw that it is an extend king guestroom. I had booked a basic room when making my reservation. You can see the guestroom size difference in the guestroom diagram photo farther down in this post.

Guestroom 323

Guestroom 323

This is a spacious guestroom, which looked like it had been recently remodeled. The bathroom and beverage area were located at the entrance. The beverage area contained a single serve coffeemaker with supplies, an ice bucket, microwave, and small fridge.

Guestroom 323

The sitting area and desk were next, and then the bedroom was around the corner with a window. There were two TVs in the guestroom; one in the sitting area, and one in the bedroom. Both TVs had been turned on prior to my arrival and music was playing.

Guestroom 323 from work desk
The guestroom was comfortable for both working and sleeping. The Internet connection speed was good. The only complaint I had about this hotel, is that the guestroom is not very soundproof. I could hear airplanes through the window, guests in the rooms next to me, and I could hear TVs and guests through the doors when I was in the hall. This hotel was full the night of my stay.

Guestroom diagram from back of door

Food & Beverage

The only dining option within walking distance of the hotel is Cracker Barrel. The included breakfast in the hotel was fresh.

Fitness center

The fitness center is spacious and looks pretty much like the photo on the website, except there is also a water cooler in the room located near the right corner of the treadmills. I was surprised I did not see anyone else using the room, since the hotel was full.

Airport shuttle, Hertz car rental, misc.

The main reason I chose this hotel is because Hertz is located in the lobby, and I was able to return my airport rental at the hotel. I waited over 10 minutes for assistance when I returned my car. A customer before me was still being assisted when I had completed my return. Fortunately, a second employee arrived about 10 minutes after I did. The airport shuttle in the morning was prompt.

The hotel was under construction during my stay, and the entrance had been temporarily moved to the back of the building next to Hertz. This did not cause any inconvenience.




No comments:

Post a Comment