Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Frederick, Maryland / Hilton Garden Inn

May 2018, Weekday, 1-night, Guestroom 500


I checked in online the day before my arrival, and I had been assigned a guestroom that fit my profile and requests: top floor, end corner room. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Grand Rapids the night before this stay, and when I tried online check-in for that hotel, the room assigned to me was on the bottom floor.

Gold perks and hotel check-in

The check-in process at the hotel was efficient, and I received the same room I had been assigned during online check-in. The agent told me there were two bottles of water in the guestroom for me.

View of guestroom 500 from entrance

Guestroom 500

The guestroom was comfortable, clean, and it is in a quiet location. I had an excellent night's sleep at this property.

Guestroom 500 across from bathroom
Two bottles of water were on the counter above a small fridge. A Keurig K-cup machine with coffee supplies, and a microwave oven were provided, as well. A closet with hangers, extra bedding, iron, ironing board, and a luggage rack was located between the beverage station and the entrance door, across from the bathroom.


Bathroom guestroom 500 Hilton Garden Inn
The bathroom was spacious and contained a tub/shower combination. Bath amenities were provided, and the towels were good quality.

The Internet quality in the guestroom did not meet my needs. I had difficulty connecting from the very start; I had to restart my computer, and turn the wifi off and on before it even connected properly. After that, it was so incredibly slow, that I was unable to input and save work I needed to complete online.

Fitness center

Everything I used in the fitness center was in good working order. I used the cardio bicycler when I first arrived because both tread mills were in use. I then used a tread mill after a guest left. The TV was on in the room, and the cardio theater worked great on both machines.

Misc. and overall

There are several dining and hotel options in this area. I had a difficult time choosing which hotel I wanted to stay in before my stay. Although many restaurants are located just across the street from this hotel in a shopping center, getting to the restaurants is not really walkable, as the roads around the hotel are quite busy. There is easy access to I-270.

Unfortunately, I would not choose to stay in this hotel again because of the unreliable Internet. I mentioned the Internet situation to the agent at checkout, and she was already aware of this. She apologized, and told me they often have issues connecting, as well. While I appreciated her empathy, I would have preferred a solution. If she had said  they are aware of the situation, and are correcting this, then I would consider this hotel again.


No comments:

Post a Comment