Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

White House, Tennessee / Hampton Inn

December 2017, Weekend, 1-night, King guestroom 300


This post is a tad shorter than most with a bit less information, since it has been a few weeks since our stay.

Diamond perks and check-in

We had arrived in the evening after dark with takeout dinner. I received a bottle of water and the bonus points listed in my profile preferences. I inquired about the location of our guestroom, and I asked if there is a table with seating in the room. The agent said there is not a table in the guestroom, and she did not offer an upgrade. After we got the keys, we sat down in the lobby to eat before taking our luggage to to the guestroom.  

Guestroom 300

This is a basic guestroom on the top floor at the end of the hall. The only seating was a chaise lounge and the desk chair. The guestroom looked similar to the photos on the website. It is sufficient for one person; however, we would have preferred more room for the two of us. 

Guestroom 300
This past year, I have not experienced much of a benefit for being loyal to a hotel brand. This hotel was not very full, so it does not make sense to me why they would not give an upgrade to a Diamond member. It would have been nice to eat our dinner in the guestroom, and it would have been nice to be able to sit on a sofa together.

The guestroom was clean and comfortable, and everything functioned properly. We did not hear any noise from outside the guestroom. I liked the suitcase bench, and the spacious bathroom. I did not care for the sliding closet/bathroom door. The mirrored closet door doubled as the bathroom door. It slid over to close the bathroom entrance, so the closet was open, if you wanted the bathroom door shut. If you wanted something out of the closet, the door slid over closing off the bathroom entrance. 

Guest bathroom

We did not receive a bill under the door, so the next morning, I stopped at the front desk to make sure our folio had a zero balance.

Diagram from back of guestroom door. Guestroom 300 is one of the
smallest rooms in the bottom right corner. Click photo to enlarge it.

Food and beverage

There were two different kinds of cookies available at the front desk when we arrived, and coffee was set up across from the front desk. There is a Cracker Barrel next door to the Hampton Inn, and there are several fast food restaurants nearby.

I did not make any specific notes about the breakfast that we had in the morning, so there must not have been anything noteworthy. There were only a couple of tables outside the food area (the food area is closed off during non-breakfast hours), and one long bar-top type table. There are more tables shown in the photo on their website than I recall seeing during our visit. I remember wondering where guests would sit to eat when this hotel is full. We observed only 3 or 4 guests visit the breakfast room while we were eating. It is possible the sitting area had been slightly rearranged for holiday decorations during our visit.

Overall

This hotel is easy to get to from I-65. There is a Holiday Inn Express across the street, and I had a difficult time deciding which hotel to choose. You may recall that I chose the Holiday Inn Express in Coldwater, MI when I had a similar choice to make several weeks earlier. I chose the Hampton Inn this time because it has an indoor pool and hot tub, and then we did not end up using the pool area.

Let me know if you have any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment