Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Ann Arbor, Michigan / Courtyard by Marriott

September 2017, Weekend, 1-night, King extended guestroom (suite) 431


Arrival and gold elite perks

The check-in process went smoothly, and I was impressed to learn I had received an upgrade to a king suite. I had reserved just a basic double-bed guestroom, and I have rarely received an upgrade at a Marriott Courtyard (I do not recall ever receiving one without asking). I have never understood why elite members usually only receive upgrades at full-service Marriott and Hilton hotels, and not all brands. My experience over the years has not been any different when I had Platinum or Diamond status, than it has been as a Gold member. This Marriott Courtyard is one of the best Courtyard hotels I have ever stayed in, and I was disappointed I did not have more time to enjoy it (I arrived just before dark, and departed at 6:30 AM the next day).

Suite 431 from entrance

Guestroom 431

This suite was super comfortable, and I loved it! My profile says high floor, and additionally, I had requested a guestroom on the top floor in a corner or quiet area. All of my requests had been fulfilled.

View toward hallway door from entrance to sleeping area
The entrance from the hall entered into a sitting area which contained a sofa, soft chair, footstool, table that slides under the sofa, desk and chair, flatscreen TV on an armoire, small fridge in the armoire, and lamps. A telephone was on the desk, and an ice bucket and glass glasses were next to the TV. The desk, which is not visible in my photos, was located against the wall to the left of the armoire and TV. The photos on the hotel website for king extended guestroom perfectly match this guestroom.

Guestroom diagram from back of door
Small fridge in armoire










The room was well-lit, comfortable, and functional. Double doors separated the sitting area from the bathroom and sleeping area.

View from roomy area outside bathroom. 
Living room and double-doors to left; bed to the right
The bathroom and a closet were located just through the double doors. The double doors could be tightly closed for extra privacy and silence. The spacious bathroom contained a tub/shower combination with a long vanity. The floor was tile, and the towels were good quality. Bath amenities and a single-serve coffeemaker with supplies were provided. The closet contained hangers, iron and ironing board, extra bedding, and a folding luggage rack. A full length mirror was hanging on the wall across from the closet.

Standing in front of closet; view toward living area and entrance

The sleeping area was beyond the closet. It contained a king size bed, soft chair, second flatscreen TV on an armoire, nightstands, lamps, and a clock. There was a large window on the outside wall. The bedding was good quality, and the bed was comfortable.



The Internet connection speed was good, and I did not hear any noise from outside the guestroom. There were plenty of electrical outlets in the guestroom. I would be happy to have this guestroom again!

Fitness center

The fitness center was open 24 hours. The two treadmills had cardio theater, although I could not get the TV to turn on on the machine I tried. I was not going to be there long, so I did not try the other machine.

Misc. and overall

I did not go outside in the courtyard since it was dusk out when I arrived and departed. The outside patio seating that I observed on the way to the elevator looked inviting and comfortable. This hotel had been recently renovated, and it looked and smelled new at the time of my stay. All of the photos on the hotel website are an accurate representation of what to expect at this hotel: the guestrooms, patio, pool, fitness center, business center, and dining area.

This hotel is easily accessible from I-94 and US-23. Briarwood Mall is across State Street, and there are a few casual restaurants located nearby.

After my stay, I received a personal email from the Director of Sales thanking me for my business. The overall service I received at this hotel was fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment