Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Olean, New York / Hampton Inn

May 2013, Weekday, 3-nights, King guestroom #330

I stayed in this Hampton Inn several years ago, although it must have been before I started this blog. If I had been writing reviews then, it would have helped me remember the area details before this stay!

Status perks and check-in
Even though I have points chosen as my extra perk at Hampton Inn, I still received a bottle of water and a snack at check-in.

When I arrived at the guestroom after checking in, a maintenance person was working in the bathroom. I think he was working on the tub drain. I went back to the front desk to make sure it was going to be okay to have access to my room when he finished. The front desk agent tried to reassign me another guestroom a few doors down. I told her that if room 330 was going to usable after he finished, that I would rather wait for that guestroom. I was going to be staying in this hotel for three nights, and I really liked the room location in the corner. When the maintenance employee finished, he greeted me in the lobby where I was working on my laptop. He apologized, and he offered me a bottle of water and a snack for the delay.

Guestroom 330
This guestroom is located at the end of the hall on the top floor. It was comfortable and clean, although it was not very soundproof. I was glad that I was on the top floor, and that I did not have a guestroom near the elevator. The Internet connection speed in the guestroom was very slow.

The bedroom area contained a wooden suitcase bench, king size bed, nightstands, lamps, flatscreen TV on an armoire, desk and chair, soft chair and footstool, small fridge, microwave, and single-serve coffeemaker with supplies.

A telephone was located on one of the nightstands next to the bed, and a padded lap desk was on the bed.

The bathroom by the entrance door contained a tub/shower combination with a shower curtain on a curved rod. Bathing amenities and an ice bucket were located on the long vanity. Several good quality towels were provided. The toilet had a powerful vacuum-type flush, and I had to hold the handle down every time I flushed the toilet. This did not seem like a big deal at the start of my stay; however, by the end of the three days, having to hold the handle down became quite annoying.

A closet with a mirrored door was located outside of the bathroom. It contained hangers, and an iron and ironing board.

There was some kind of office for the area hospital located in a guestroom diagonally across the hall from this one (#323). Some of the employees working there did not behave as though they were in a hotel. I heard employees chatting in the hall on the way to and from this room at 10:30 p.m., and at 5:30 a.m.


When the door was open one time that I walked by, I observed a desk, and file cabinet type furniture in the guestroom.

Food & Beverage
Typical Hampton Inn breakfast foods were served in the breakfast room by the front desk. A different egg and meat item were served each day. Foods included egg topped muffins, garden omelets, turkey/chicken sausage links, bacon, yogurt, mixed fruit, cut fruit, hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, oatmeal, and a waffle maker.

Fitness center
The fitness center contained three cardio machines; one which was a treadmill. A working flatscreen TV and remote were provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment