Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Athens, Georgia -- Hotel Indigo

Status perks
I wanted to stay at this property rather than the other choices in town; however, the rates were higher and there was also a parking charge. After I had cancelled my reservation, I decided to call the hotel to see if they could waive the parking fee for Platinum members. The person I spoke with said that he would waive the parking fee, so I had him reinstate my reservation. I received an updated confirmation after speaking with him, and saw that my room had also been upgraded to an executive room! When I arrived, I was told that I had been upgraded to a suite! I also received a coupon good for two beverages in the lounge.

Guestroom
I thought the guestroom was fabulous! There was a kitchen area with a small fridge, and a table with four chairs. The coffee was disappointing; it was not as good as I expected, and the condiments included basic powder creamer.

The adjoining living area contained a couch, two soft chairs, a chair at a desk, and a flatscreen TV. 

The bedroom was large with a desk & chair, suitcase bench, dresser, flat screen TV, and balcony. I did not understand why the full length mirror had been hung on the wall beside the dresser, so it was pretty much useless with the dresser in the way. I would have hung it on the wall by the desk chair in the bedroom because the desk chair could be moved. Two bathrobes were provided. 
bathroom in suite w/ shower in mirror

The windows in the bedroom and living area extended almost to the floor with a window seat in front of both windows. 
I especially loved the bathroom. There were two sinks, great lighting and a makeup mirror, and walk-in tile shower.
The suite was comfortable, and I did not hear any noise from neighbors. The bedding and pillows were high quality. The Internet connection speed was great in the guestroom, and throughout the hotel.





Food & Beverage
When I went to the lounge that evening, I learned that this location has a manager's reception every Sunday - Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. with complimentary house wine and beer. I do not understand why this information is not provided on the website, because I consider these little extras when choosing a hotel. I also had not been told about this at check-in. There were many beverage choices, and I liked the food both evenings. I had the shrimp and grits one night, which was excellent. I had the cheese plate the second night, which was also very good. 

The breakfast offerings were cafe style food items similar to Panera Bread. I had a whole wheat florentine egg sandwich one morning, and a frittata the second morning. Both items were very good.

Fitness center
The fitness center was open 24 hours. There were four cardio machines, a weight machine, and weights. There was one working flatscreen TV, although with the high ceilings, the room had an echo, and it was difficult to hear it.

Business center
Two computers with a printer were located next to the front desk. I printed one document without any trouble.

Public areas
The seating in the lobby and the bar was comfortable. Some chairs had a small table attached to the arm  for working or eating. There were many outlets in the sitting areas and at the bar. There was a nice outside courtyard with seating and a fire pit.

Overall
I loved this hotel and would stay here again. Staff members were great, the room was comfortable, and I liked the dining choices. My husband would have liked the free beer, although I think he would have been disappointed about the fact that this hotel does not have a pool. It is near the University, and there were many pubs within walking distance.

1 comment:

  1. This is the one of the best and informatic blogspot i ever seen.thanks for such a nice and unique content with many tips , ideas and guide to other traveler.Thanks again. Airport Transportation Riverdale Georgia

    ReplyDelete