Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Englewood, Colorado / Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Tech Center


August 2010, Weekday, 2-nights, King 1-bedroom suite


Status perks and check-in
I usually request a high floor corner guestroom because there is usually less noise in this location.  I was happy that when I checked in, the agent had read my requests. She told me that the only room available on the top floor was in the center of the hall, or I could have a corner room on the second floor. I opted for the corner room, since she said it was probably a little bigger. I also received two bottles of water and two packages of Milano cookies.

Guestroom 
This guestroom had a connecting room door, which I try to stay away from, too. Fortunately, there was a door on the bedroom, and the bedroom was at the corner end of the suite. I could hear my neighbor's TV and other activity through the connecting door when I was working in the evening, although I could not hear it from the bedroom. 

The couch in the living room was comfortable, as was the bed and bedding. The chairs at the kitchen table were extremely uncomfortable and hard, making it difficult to work on the computer. There was a cable for wired Internet access at the table, so I would have been happier with a desk chair, so I could take advantage of the connection speed. I used it for a few hours the first night, but that's about all I could take. The wireless connection speed was acceptable; just not as strong. There was a flatscreen TV in the living room, and a second one in the bedroom.


Fitness center
The fitness center was open 24 hours, and the temperature was comfortable. There were three cardio machines with cardio theater, and fitness balls and mats; however, there were no weights or a weight machine. Other than the absence of weights, I was happy with the center.

Business center
The business center contained two computers, a printer and miscellaneous office supplies. Everything was in good working order. 

Food & Beverage
The food and beverage selection, quality, and service in the evening was excellent. HS always serves fresh salad on Monday - Thursday evenings along a variety of other items. I have seen this range from only cheese and crackers to 4-course meals which include items like fresh shrimp and steak. Beer & wine is also served where local ordinances allow. 

I was impressed with what this property served. The menu the first night included fresh salad with fixins, Cod, rice, vegetables, fresh bread sticks, and dessert. Several non-alcoholic beverages, as well as beer and four different wines were available--two reds and two whites. The menu for the second evening included potato soup, chicken tenders (good sized), fresh vegetables, fresh salad with a slightly different variety of fresh toppings, and two desserts--eclairs, and lemon cake. 

Breakfast the first morning included Mexican eggs, hash brown patties, corned beef hash, oatmeal, waffles, and several cold items. Similar cold items were served the second morning as well as turkey sausage, hash browns, and egg and muffin sandwiches. I liked the turkey sausages however, I thought the egg sandwiches were awful.

Overall
I was happy with my room comfort for sleeping, the hotel amenities, and the staff. When I returned to the hotel after my first night, the front desk agent greeted me by name when I entered! There is not anything within walking distance of this property; however, it was in a great location for my stay. It is located on a side street with easy access to the Interstate.

No comments:

Post a Comment