Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jackson, Wyoming - Homewood Suites



Status perks


I received a letter with my points balance and status at check-in. There was a bottle of water and package of cookies in my room.



Guestroom


I stayed in a king suite, which is the room type I reserved. My room was on the top floor at the end of the hall, which matches the requests in my profile. The room was the smallest extended stay suite I have ever stayed in, and the best online rate I could find was over $300. I think the room size and rate were typical for this resort town in July.  Even though the suite did not have as much room as most Homewood Suites I have stayed in, it was laid out well and met my needs. I think anyone staying at this hotel who does not have prior experience with extended stay properties would be very pleased with the size of the suite.


There was a fireplace in the living room area, and the kitchen contained a full size fridge, a range top, and a small dishwasher. The bathroom was a nice size with a large walk in tile shower. There was no tub. The sink area was outside the bathroom.


I did not arrive at the hotel until late in the evening, and needed to leave early the next morning, so I was not at the property very long. I contacted the manager before my stay, and was able to negotiate a rate for less than $300 that my employer was much happier with.


Food & Beverage

I stayed on a Sunday night, so there was not an evening reception. In the morning I left before hot breakfast was served; however, the front desk employees offered cold items.

Business Center

There was a small business center behind the front desk, which I did not use.

Fitness Center

Although the fitness center did not open until 7 am, employees were happy to let me in at 5 am. The room was small, and the tread mill was kind of noisy, which made it difficult to hear the morning news. The smallest weights available were 10 lb, and I usually like to use 5 lb weights. The room temperature was comfortable. Guests also have access to a more complete fitness center next door, which I did not use.

Overall

I try to stay at hotel chains where I have status and earn points, and of the hotel rewards programs I frequent most often (HHonors, IHG, and Marriott), I was surprised that the HS was the only hotel choice in this area.

Misc. and overall

I was extremely happy with the staff and bed comfort. The two bathrobes and safe in the bedroom closet were a pleasant surprise. One thing I never understand when I stay in an extended stay property, is the dishes in the dishwasher that need to be put away. At the end of my stays, I always load and start the dishwasher with any dishes I used before I check out. I would think housekeeping would then put them away for the next guest. The dishwasher in my room was full of clean dishes--plates, cups, glasses, silverware, etc. I don't think it should be up to me to put these items away. Especially when I only used one glass, one cup, and the coffee pot during my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment