Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Evanston, Wyoming -- Holiday Inn Express

Status Perks
I received a goody bag with bottled water, an apple, and a granola bar. My status and current points balance was written on my key packet, and the agent thanked me for being a Platinum member at check-in. She said I had been upgraded to a suite; however, I had actually reserved a suite.

Room 
I received a room on the top floor, which I had requested on my reservation. The large suite contained a good sized fridge and microwave, comfortable couch, and chair and foot stool, as well as a desk and chair. The alarm on the clock did not work (I double checked the time and settings), so I was glad I had also set my phone alarm as a back up. The coffee maker also did not work. When I called the front desk at 4:00 am, the agent immediately brought a new coffee maker to my room, which worked great. The Internet connection speed was great--wireless and cable. The large window opened, which I prefer to A/C. I could hear traffic from the expressway with the window open; however, I prefer that noise to the noise of guests and doors opening and closing in the hall. The exterior walls are quite soundproof because I could not hear the traffic with the window shut.

Food & Beverage
Cookies were available at the front desk in the afternoon. Breakfast was the standard HIX fare, and cold items were available before the breakfast start time of 6 am.

Business center
I was able to use the business center to print documents without any trouble. I never had to wait, and did not have any trouble with the printer. I was glad to see a stapler in the room, although it didn't work to staple more than a few pages.

Fitness center
I was happy with the fitness center other than the fact that it did not open until 6 am. There were five cardio machines, weights, and a weight machine. The temperature was comfortable, cold water and sani wipes were available, and the TV worked well.

Overall
Staff was very helpful, and I was comfortable at this hotel. I would stay here again when visiting this area. I received a 10% discount at the Italian restaurant in front of the hotel for being a HIX customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment