Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

El Paso, Texas / Embassy Suites

March 2010, Weekday, 1-night, King suite

Status perks
As a Gold member, I received two bottles of water, and complimentary Internet access.

Guestroom
I was glad to see that the furniture and carpet in our guestroom were new since this is an old building, and the rest of the hotel was dingy and dirty. The condition of the public areas and elevator had me somewhat worried before I arrived at the guestroom

The suite living room area included a new couch, chair, table/desk with desk chair and two table chairs, small fridge, microwave and sink area. There was a door between the living area and the spacious bedroom.



Food & Beverage
The following are included with the room rate for all guests. An evening Manager's Reception from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., which included popcorn, pretzels, and beverages. Beverage choices ranged from soda pop to beer and wine, as well as mixed drinks. Breakfast included made to order omelets, although the other items were sparse. There were two fruits, juices, cereal, milk, and yogurt. Potatoes, bacon, and pancakes were available at the omelet station.

Fitness Center
I was slightly annoyed that I waited until almost 6 a.m. to go to the fitness center, since that was the opening time listed in the hotel directory in the guestroom, when it is actually open 24-hours. I liked that it was open 24-hours, and I would have gone earlier, if I had known. It appeared that other guests had also read the open times in the guestroom, because three more people arrived right after me at 6 a.m. The room contained five cardio machines and hand weights. The Cardio Theater did not work on the machine I used, and the room was not stocked. There were no headphones, no towels, no sani-wipes for the machines, and no water cups.

Pool
The spacious indoor pool area included a hot tub and lounge chairs. A few loungers were also set up outside on a small patio. The lounge chairs were old plastic chairs, which were very dirty. The floor in the pool area was also grimy.

Overall
I was happy with the sleep quality. The bed and pillows were supremely comfortable. I was not happy with the condition and cleanliness of the public hotel areas. The elevator was extremely grimy, and many of the floor and exit arrow lights did not work. The door on one of the elevators sounded like it was going to jam and not open each time it stopped at my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment