Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Texarkana, Arkansas: Hampton Inn and Suites

 May 2022, Weekdays, Two nights. King suite 426


Arrival and diamond perks

I booked a studio suite when I made this reservation because the rates were reasonable. I was glad I did, because there was some kind of issue with the guests checking in before me who had requested a suite when making the reservation, and were unable to get one. It sounded like the agent told them the hotel was almost full, although it did not seem like it was during our stay. Possibly, just the suites were taken. I chose guestroom 426 when I checked in via the app before our arrival. I stopped at the front desk to get a key for my husband, and the agent told me there were waters in the room for me.


Guestroom diagram on the back of door in
suite 426 in Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana, AR


Guestroom 426

This guestroom is located on the top floor at the end of the hall. It is spacious with a sofa, soft chair, and long desk/work area. Although the guestroom was comfortable, it was in need of an update. The furnishings and carpet showed signs of age and stains. Fortunately, there was extra bedding in the guestroom, as I was not comfortable sitting on the sofa without a clean sheet covering it. My apologies for not taking a photo of this area before I covered the sofa!

Furnishings in living room area of suite 426 in Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana, AR

The kitchen area near the entrance included a sink, microwave, small fridge, single serve coffeemaker with supplies, ice bucket, and two bottles of water. I think water may have been provided in all of the guestrooms, as I heard the front desk agent tell another guest the same thing he had told me, and he had not recognized my diamond status when he told me about the water. Bottled water was also provided in the fitness center, and the breakfast room.

Suite 426 in Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana, AR
Vanity area 
above; kitchen entry below

The bathroom area where the toilet and tub/shower were located was quite small. The vanity was located outside of the bathroom in front of a large closet. 

Bedroom area in suite 426 in Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana, AR

The bed was clean and of decent comfort. Oddly, there was no clock in this guestroom. 

Chair in suite 426 in Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana, AR

The internet connection speed worked well. It was fairly quiet in our suite for sleeping, although I am not sure if this would have been the case with a standard room. Our bed was in the area next to the outside wall. I could hear occasional noise from the room next door and from the hall when in the bathroom and kitchen area of our suite.


Food and beverage

The usual Hampton Inn breakfast foods were offered, and food was fresh. Bottled water was available both mornings. 


Pool area and misc.

This hotel has a nice outside pool and sitting area; however, it was not open at the time of our stay. The pool area was one of the reasons I had chosen this hotel, and I had not noticed anything on the website saying it was closed when I made the reservation.


Hotel staff members were helpful and accommodating, and this hotel met our needs for this stay. 


This hotel is located in an area with several other hotels: Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, and Best Western. There were at least three restaurants, which had all recently closed/gone out of business. Sadly, it looked like this had been an area on its way up with lodging and dining options that is now in decline (due to travel changes from COVID-19, I assume). There was no activity in the area except the occasional hotel guest vehicle, and the neighboring hotels looked emptier than Hampton Inn. We had a difficult time finding a decent place to eat, as many businesses downtown had closed, as well.


Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment