Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2021

Frankenmuth, Michigan: Holiday Inn Express & Suites

March 2021, Weekday - weekend, One night, King suite jetted tub #116


Frankenmuth Holiday Inn Express suite location 116


Arrival, check-in, platinum perks

I checked in online when I received the check-in notice via email. Like our last IHG stay, I did not receive a notice that my room was ready before we arrived. We arrived about 30 minutes after check-in time, and the agent said she was just preparing our keys. When I saw she was assigning us a room on the bottom floor, I inquired about a higher floor room. The agent said that was the only room for the type we had booked. She also added that she was not able to give me an upgrade since I had completed digital check-in. It sounded like she was saying that my room had been auto-assigned with digital check-in, and that she could not change it (or, she did not know how). Platinum amenity points posted to my account right away.

Holiday Inn Expresss from Gunzenhausen Street Walkway

Guestroom #116

Other than the fact that this room is on the bottom floor, this is a great room. It was spacious, clean, and comfortable. This room is across from the pool, and I was initially worried about the noise, as the pool area was somewhat busy. The room is pretty well sound proofed, and we did not have too much trouble with hallway and pool noise. I think a top floor guestroom on either side of this hotel would be great to have for the river view. The hotel is located across the street from Cass River. The river curves, and is visible from both sides of the hotel.


Shower in guestroom 116 at
Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Frankenmuth 

The bathroom contained a walk-in shower, and large vanity. Bath amenities were provided, and the towels were good quality.

Jetted tub in king guestroom 116 at Holiday Inn & Suites in Frankenmuth

The jetted tub is located between the bathroom and the bedroom area. The tub was clean and roomy. The floor around the tub is tile. 

Guestroom 116 at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Frankenmuth

The bedroom area contained a king size bed, nightstands with lamps, armoire, flatscreen TV, a suitcase bench, desk and chair, ice bucket, Kuerig K-cup machine with supplies, small fridge, and microwave. The only thing missing for us, was a soft chair or sofa in the guestroom.

Guestroom 116 at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Frankenmuth
I like the newer pillows and bedding that most IHG properties have now. The pillows and sheets were super comfy.

Guestroom diagram from back of door at
Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Frankenmuth


Food & Beverage

Breakfast was served cafeteria style, and offerings were the same as we have recently had at other Holiday Inn Express hotels: scrambled eggs, egg white omelets, turkey sausage, bacon, pancakes, sausage gravy and biscuits, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, and beverages. We observed muffins, although we did not see any bagels or bread. We did not ask about these items, so I cannot say for sure what breads were available. I imagine they also had cereals, which I did not see either. I suggest asking, if you do not see something you want. My husband always asks about salsa, which we have never seen out or on any of the listed items.

Breakfast at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Frankenmuth

We ate in the breakfast area because it was spacious, and there was not anyone else there when we went for breakfast at 7AM on Saturday morning. I observed people waiting in line when we left our room to go walking around 9AM.


Misc. and overall

Overall, this is a nice hotel. Staff members were all friendly and helpful. I like that there were a couple of different guestroom types to choose from when booking a rewards night stay. The hotel is across the street from River Place Shops, and I am sure the higher floor guestrooms offer excellent views of the river. After my last three IHG digital check-in experiences, I will not be using digital check-in the next time we stay at an IHG property. There is an ice machine located near the elevator on all of the upper floors; however, there is not one on the first floor. I observed several touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hotel. 


I will have another post out soon with information about business we visited, and some of the trails we hiked and walked. Let me know if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment