Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Peoria, Illinois / SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake

April 2014, Weekday, 1-night, King studio #326

Before my stay, I knew I had stayed at this SpringHill Suites before. I did not recall the hotel, although I did recall walking to the shopping center next door to eat. I could not find a previous review; I think that I stayed in this hotel before I started this blog in 2010.

Status perks and check-in
I received a personal email from Guest Services a couple of weeks before my stay, and I was able to set up airport shuttle service at that time.

The agent asked me at check-in which floor I preferred, and she assigned me a top floor guestroom. She thanked me for being a loyal member. It seems like I also received a bottle of water at check-in,  although I cannot say for sure, since I forgot to write this down while I was there.

Guestroom
This guestroom is located near the end of hall. It had been recently renovated, and it was clean and well-appointed.

The spacious living and working area contained the following: sofa with throw pillows, lamps, under sofa table, desk and chair, sink, fridge, microwave, coffeepot with supplies, two coffee mugs, ice bucket, and two glass glasses. A couple of disposable plates and a package of silverware were located in the microwave.

There were plenty of outlets available by the sofa and at the desk. A cute towel animal was on the desktop.

The couch and desk were both comfortable for working, although the guestroom door was not very soundproof. I did not feel like the area was very private when I was having a conversation at the desk.



A flatscreen TV on a cabinet between the living and bedroom area was visible from both areas.

There was plenty of room in the bedroom and bathroom area. A closet to the left of the vanity contained hangers, a hairdryer, folding luggage rack, iron, and ironing board. The closet doors were mirrored.

A decent size vanity was located outside of the bathing area along the wall between the closet and washroom. This was across from the bed. Bath amenities were provided on the sink and in the shower. A shower curtain was hung on a curved rod in the tub/shower combination.




Nightstands with lamps were located on each side of the bed along with a clock and a telephone. The bed was fairly comfortable, although the mattress was a bit stiffer than what I prefer. The area was spacious, and there was plenty of room on both sides of the bed.

The view from the window overlooked the front parking lot.

Food & Beverage
I had oatmeal for breakfast, so the hot foods offered must have been imitation scrambled eggs, and/or sausage biscuits with gravy because I bypass those food items. I remember that fresh grapes and strawberries were available, along with breads, milks, juices, and cold cereal.

Several restaurants and a grocery store are located in the shopping center next door: Panera Bread, Five Guys Burgers, Biaggio's, Sushigawa, and more. I had not had lunch, and I was looking forward to some sushi when I arrived in the late afternoon. Unfortunately, Sushigiwa was closed until 5:00 p.m. I almost did not wait for the restaurant to open. Later, I was glad that I did. The food flavor and quality was very good.

Business center
Two computers and a printer were located on the counter between the elevator and the front desk.

Fitness center
The fitness center next to the elevator contained cardio machines, hand weights, a water cooler, and towels.

Shuttle service and misc. 
I was glad that this hotel had an airport shuttle. I am pretty sure that when I stayed here before, the shuttle service was limited, and I had to call and pay for a cab back to the airport in the morning. After years of experience traveling, I now check with hotels beforehand, if I plan to depend upon the airport shuttle. The service to and from the airport was prompt.

There was a bowl at the front desk for business cards. If guests dropped a card in the bowl, the staff would make it into a luggage tag. I thought this was a very cool idea, and I wished I had left a couple of my cards in the bowl to be made into tags.

Other than the female front desk agent when I checked out, all of the employees at this location were fabulous! They were attentive and friendly. The male employee at the front desk brought my luggage tag to me in the breakfast room when it was ready (it had not been made yet when I checked for it before going to breakfast). The female employee working after him was not rude, although she was indifferent and aloof compared to the fabulous attitude of all of the other employees.

I liked the location of this hotel, and the working area comfort was excellent. I would definitely choose this hotel again the next time I am in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment