Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Munster, Indiana / Hampton Inn & Suites

February 2013, Weekday, 1-night, King guestroom #228


Status perks
I did not receive any extra perks during this stay, and I did not receive a room on the top floor as I had requested because the agent said the hotel was sold out. The room I received was perfectly acceptable, and the front desk agent acknowledged my requests and apologized for not being able to provide them.





Guestroom
This guestroom is located in a quiet area on the second floor. It was clean and comfortable. It contained a king bed, night stands, a chaise lounge, desk and chair, suitcase bench, and microwave and refrigerator. The internet connection speed was good, especially considering the hotel was full.

The bathroom was a basic bathroom with a long vanity and a tub/shower combination.

There were plenty of outlets and the room was well-lit. The guestroom was a basic comfortable Hampton Inn room. 

Food & Beverage
This hotel offers complimentary food in the evening, which I have never seen at a Hampton Inn before. There was a calendar in the guestroom with the food menu for the month, and there was something listed for every weekday, so it would appear that this a regular event. The food the night of my stay was not anything I would have for dinner. Burgers and beans were served along with white cake. The burgers were thin patties on a white bun wrapped up like the sandwiches sold in gas stations, which then needed to be nuked. There were a few condiments and cheese. I did not see any mayonnaise.

Included breakfast the next morning was not as good as I sometimes see at Hampton Inn. The scrambled eggs looked nasty, and did not look like eggs, so I did not try them. Other items available included sausage, Dannon yogurt, cold cereals, white breads, whole fruit, and juices.

Cookies were available at the front desk in the afternoon.

Fitness center
The fitness center was a basic room with a couple cardio machines. There was not anyone using cardio machines in the afternoon, although there were a few guests the next morning. Fortunately, I got there when it first opened.

Overall
I had originally planned to stay at this hotel two nights; however, ice was predicted the second night of my stay, so I decided to leave after one night instead. Unfortunately, I do not have a tremendous amount of detail about this stay because I did not write my review soon enough after checkout. My stay was satisfactory, and I would choose this hotel again, if I had need to stay in this area again.

No comments:

Post a Comment