Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Logansport, Indiana / Holiday Inn Express & Suites

September 2014, Weekend-Weekday, 2- nights, King executive suite #218

Status perks and check-in
I called the Holiday Inn Express the morning of my arrival because I was not going to be arriving until late. I inquired about an upgrade at that time, and was told that I would probably receive one. During check-in I was given the choice of 500 bonus points or a snack item. I also received an upgraded guestroom.

Guestroom
This suite is located on the second floor next to the elevator. The front desk agent had told me that the suite on the top floor was not available. 

The bathroom was located just inside the entrance on the right. It was spacious and contained a long vanity and mirror, along with a tub/shower combination.


Hangers, a folding luggage rack, and extra bedding had been placed in a doorless closet in the entryway. A full length mirror was hung on the wall across from the closet.

The kitchen area contained a sink, microwave, small fridge, coffeepot with supplies, plastic ice bucket, and a small table with two chairs. A few disposable plates and some silverware were in the cupboards, as well.

The kitchen extended into the living room where there was a sofa, two end tables with lamps, a coffee table, a fireplace, and a flat screen TV.

The sofa was very comfortable, although there was no comfortable place to work on my laptop. The chairs at the table were uncomfortable, and there was not room on the table for anything except my laptop. The Internet connection speed was good.

The fireplace either did not work, or else I did not know how to operate it. I turned the wall knob on, which looked similar to the controls I have used for other hotel fireplaces, and the fireplace did not light. I did not call anyone to request assistance, so I did not learn the cause of the problem.

The area was open between the living and bedroom area, and the bedroom was spacious. The sleeping area contained a king size bed, two nightstands with lamps, and a large whirlpool tub. The bed was comfortable, although the bedsheets were low quality and scratchy. The elevator noise the first night of my stay was minimal, although I could hear noise from guests near the elevator the second night of my stay.

During stayover, my room was not thoroughly cleaned. Housekeeping did not clean the kitchen area, so the coffeepot had not been emptied, and supplies were not replenished. I had left a thank you note and tip on this counter, which had also been untouched. It appeared that the person who cleaned my room completely missed the kitchen area.  

Fitness center
The front desk agent had told me the fitness center is open 24 hours; however, that is not what the sign said on the door. I assume the sign on the door had not yet been changed at the time of my stay. The cardio machines did not have cardio theater, and they did not face the TV in the room. I had to look to the right, if I wanted to see the TV. I wondered why the machines had not been placed on an angle facing the TV in the corner, rather than facing straight toward the mirrored wall. The photo on the hotel website makes it look like the machines are angled, although they were not positioned that way during my stay. It was very warm in the room.

Food & Beverage
I thought the included breakfast was low quality. I do not remember all of the details, although I do remember that milk was in a gallon in the cooler, rather than individual containers, and the bananas were black.


No comments:

Post a Comment