Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Los Angeles, California / LAX airport hotel -- Crowne Plaza

April 2010, 1-night

Platinum perks

I sent an email to the hotel before my arrival because I had an odd situation. I was arriving in the afternoon and leaving for an overnight flight before midnight. I received a reply and an upgrade to the Club floor before I arrived. I also received a free beverage coupon good at the dining room, lounge, or Starbucks coffee shop when I checked in.


Guestroom


This is an older building, and the room was an average size. It contained a desk and chair, chair and footstool. The bedding, bed sheets, and pillows, had all been updated and were supremely comfortable. I was comfortable for four hours before my flight, and the noise from airplanes and the hall was minimal. There was a non-working/empty mini-bar in my room. I'm not sure if they were removing or adding this. Internet service was $10.95 for 24-hours, and a lesser cost for a half day or two-hour period was available. I was not staying for very long and discovered I could connect for no charge to another service at the pool area and in the Club lounge, so I just used that service. The one thing I did not like about the room is that it had a connecting door to the room next door. I usually ask for a different room in this situation; however, since I had arrived early and was not staying all night, I did not say anything.


Food & Beverage


In the hotel lounge, I was able to use my "house wine" or "domestic beer" coupon for something of greater value and pay the difference. I appreciate when hotels let me do this. The service in the lounge was great. The Club lounge offered house wine and domestic beer for no charge. There was one hot food item and chips and veggies.


Business Center


There is a sign on the business center door about payment for 1/2 day and full day use. I did not understand if the sign meant that payment was expected before entering the room, or if it was for special services. My key let me in, and another guest was browsing the Internet at one of the computers. I was able to print a document--until the printer ran out of paper that is, and there was no paper in the room. You would think if payment is required to use any of the services, your key would not let you in...? I have stayed in hotels where I needed a special key from the front desk to access the business center, or where payment has been required to print documents. I did not understand how the business center was supposed to function, and there were not any business services in the Club lounge.


Overall


This hotel met my needs since I needed a place to spend some time before my evening flight, and I was able to get a great Entertainment card rate of only $64. It is close to the Avis lot, so I was able to return my car and walk back to the hotel. There are sidewalks the entire way, and the walk is less than a mile, although the Renaissance and Embassy Suites are both a little closer than the Crowne Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment